Closed Thread
Page 47 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littlesparrow74 View Post
    I did have to lie and say my friend was picking me up outside as her baby was asleep in the car, they wanted to walk me out but I convinced them I was fine. I just wanted to get home to my bed for a proper snooze and not have to share a room with the loved up couple snuggling on the bed together a minute longer.
    I would've wanted to get out the same as you did sparrow - especially with the lovebirds snuggling in the room - eww!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Haha I like the general too Hels - call us weird!! How are you travelling lovely - any update on that beautiful inspirational newborn - feeding, sleeping, nappy changing - give us all the deets please!
    @Biscotti71 - my new doc really disagrees with the mega dose drug protocols for this age group, I'm not surprised you've had your best result so far. She believes in a softly softly approach to encourage better quality eggs. I'm getting a 150iu of Elonva on day 2, then 300iu Menopur from day 5 - day 8, compared to the 600iu daily gonal f/Menopur cycles I did a melb.
    Ohhhh Kel - I really wish you the best with this one! 🌈 have you started the jab yet?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that is why it takes a few cycles to work it all out fit them to work out what works for us, it is when they try the same thing cycle after cycle with similar results that we need to ask questions. It has become clear that if I get too many eggs they aren't good quality. And freezing doesn't do good things to them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to littlesparrow74 For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hels - give your Angela Angel a butterfly kiss from me next time you are smooching her x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Biscotti71 - I'm waiting for AF to start - was due today but no sign of it yet. Can't even feel it coming. Normally pretty spot on but who knows what 3 cycles of hormone manipulation has done. As soon as arrives, I start Elonva on day 2. One injection then nothing til day 5 when I start Menopur at night, plus human growth hormone.

Really not sure how it's going to go but I'm excited to try again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Jem70 - it's you who takes inositol yeah? Can we buy here easily and is the quality ok? What's the research around it? I'm thinking of throwing it in for good measure.
    @Biscotti71 - when will be your testing day? Do the clinic want you to go for a blood test or will you just test at home?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem70 View Post
    Is it just me, or does it concern you that so many FSs are doing things completely differently. There is so much information online about high stims not being good for over 40s, yet they still do it. And I've also read there has never been anything proven different between 450iu of stims and 600iu - so why do they do it to us?
    I agree I think it's the real shame of IVF being a commercial money maker - it seems to totally overtake patient care

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (06-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 I get pregnitude off fishpond which is inositol and folic acid - it's the product everyone recommends but took about 3 weeks to arrive.

its bloody hard to find in Aus but mushashi make a powder - even that is hard to find but if you're interested you should be able to get it online in a couple I'd days or from a health store. You need 4g per day!! But I'm throwing everything at it this time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi chickies, it's been a big change with feeding, nappies, washing every day, cuddling and settling. She had a rough day yesterday and wouldn't sleep. Seems she had wind. We eventually both got to sleep for 4 straight hours this morning and now she's settled nicely. Thankfully my mum is here to help, for those of us doing it alone, you really do need 2 pairs of hands especially in the first 3 months. I finally got out of the house a bit yesterday ! Oh and don't expect to do much house work on the first few weeks, I'm a real clean freak my place is usually a museum but not any more lol.

As for me, the c section scar is still hurting and gave to be careful for about 6 weeks, but it's amazing how quickly you shrink up. I lost about 8kgs since Angela was born. But still got about 8 kgs to lose lol.

Kelly I hope AF comes soon, it's prob all the drugs talking.

Biscotti, Jem and all, keep your eye on the prize. It's not easy now in our age group but when I was in the hospital all the nurses at the ivf clinic came to visit me and they said they still get 1 or 2 pregnancies and live births to women over 40 so there's still a good chance in my opinion. Just need the right egg to drop !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jem, I know what you mean about the high stims, I was on 450ui of puregon and the migraines were ridiculous. I couldn't function unless I was on like 6 panadols a day. You can't force the ovary to squeeze out 30 eggs if they don't exist. So easy does it is probably better for the older ovaries.