Closed Thread
Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh no, Sparrow - I'm guessing you hid that from the hospital, they generally don't like it eh. Although I feel pretty good after the anaesthetic, I'd prob be okay cabbing home and just going to bed for a snooze!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    We could have one wine @Jem70?? To assist blood flow to the ovaries of course.
    I like the way you think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @littlesparrow74 I would love to do that - I'm 100% fine 5 minutes after but at MIVF they won't let you out the door unless there is a person there and they won't perform the procedure if you can't give them the name of your pick up person.

It is actually the most stressful part for me because I hate putting people out.
    Last edited by Jem70; 05-10-2014 at 14:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Chicas,
    Just having a read back to see what's happening in BH-Land.
    Good to hear everyone is upbeat and ticking along with our cycles.
    Kel as for the acupuncture, I loved the quiet relaxation time and did notice that my lining thickness was better on acu cycles. There are lots of old wives stories around about staying warm when trying to conceive and so I s'pose the proven extra blood flow confirms this. At Monash they recommend it - my FS says there's plenty of literature to support it, i.e. show it's worth the extra $$. Don't forget the rebate which will significantly reduce the outlay. My thoughts are..."why not?"

Jem that Snifferal made me a bit cray cray..... In retrospect I can see the tiredness and most of all forgetfulness was really quite apparent. For me. But every cycle and person is different. If I were you with the spotting etc or just had any queries I'd ring my nurse/doc. Goddamn it. We pay them enough and a little bit of question time wouldn't hurt - surely!!? I'm a questioner and probably their biggest pain the assh patient. lol.
    Hey - we are all getting older and not younger. Every cycle counts at 43!!

AFM - all seems fine and dandy. On the good old Crinone pessaries as of last night and I must say I did approach them with a tad touch of trepidation after doing a Dr.Google on them. But - so far so good!!
    Now that I'm here in BH I realise I need to count a few days to see how many DPO I poss could be....Get back to that one later. It also strikes me as how bizarre this IVF caper has been to date, as in it seems to be a reverse world for me.... Started off on high/med drugs, then to mega/max dose drugs, flare and now on a protocol suited to a woman much younger than 43 yrs old. Clomid is what they use for chicks in their 20s & 30s to plan ovulation !!! See what I mean about reverse? AND this is my best result ever!!!Best sad low numbers and great E2. Go figure....
    The heavy feeling has left my below belly region and I'm actually quite tired and dreaming like you wouldn't believe. Bonus!! The dreams have been awesome - going swimming in the south of France and Italy- the waters have been crystalline and soo warm.....DH has done a cameo too - just walking along the beaches with me. Lover-lee. (Didn't need this year's Euro vacation after all).
    Hope all is going wonderfully for you all - babydust x
    Last edited by Biscotti71; 05-10-2014 at 15:55. Reason: shorking speeling

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (05-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to love being zonked out with the general lol better than that horrible spinal they give you for a c section ! Now that was a terrible feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Haha I like the general too Hels - call us weird!! How are you travelling lovely - any update on that beautiful inspirational newborn - feeding, sleeping, nappy changing - give us all the deets please!
    @Biscotti71 - my new doc really disagrees with the mega dose drug protocols for this age group, I'm not surprised you've had your best result so far. She believes in a softly softly approach to encourage better quality eggs. I'm getting a 150iu of Elonva on day 2, then 300iu Menopur from day 5 - day 8, compared to the 600iu daily gonal f/Menopur cycles I did a melb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it just me, or does it concern you that so many FSs are doing things completely differently. There is so much information online about high stims not being good for over 40s, yet they still do it. And I've also read there has never been anything proven different between 450iu of stims and 600iu - so why do they do it to us?

I'm so glad you've got in with Lynn @Kelly70 but I suppose the proof is in the results which won't be long off! Are you on track to start this week?

Thanks
    Reviews

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (05-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did have to lie and say my friend was picking me up outside as her baby was asleep in the car, they wanted to walk me out but I convinced them I was fine. I just wanted to get home to my bed for a proper snooze and not have to share a room with the loved up couple snuggling on the bed together a minute longer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree totally - there seems no continuity given with regard to protocols for older women. We are the most difficult given old eggs and esp as low responders. Seems a new science and I feel it's geared more to helping women in the years of acceptable reproductive age as defined by the medical fraternity. At age 43 we are labelled geriatric, and have age specific obstacles. But then I suppose there are young women hitting menopause in their twenties. So this is really about hormones and the way our reproductive systems age, not chronological age. A specific group.
    "boutique medicine". Even the labs are different with their processing.
    Food for thought tonight eh?
    Softly, softly works better for my ovaries!