Closed Thread
Page 40 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Littlesparrow 6 or 7 follies is just awesome! Well done you!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kelly - I think ivf fatigue us just inevitable. People who haven't done, and sometimes even those who have text book cycles and early success, just don't get how pervasive this whole thing can be. It's mentally exhausting. I felt like my whole life was perpetually on hold and subject to the whims of my ovaries. And couples with kids - bless 'em - can be the worst! I swore I was going to deck the next person that said 'people have babies in their 40's all the time!' ... Or worse 'just relax and it'll happen'. ARGH! So I'm feeling for you!

Just do whatever you need to do to get through this xxx you've got such a cheer squad here!!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Vix - yeah I can feel the negative mindset lifting today thank goodness. A bikeride in to work this morning and busying myself at work has helped. Will be avoiding those situations again for a bit though.

In other good news I have been allocated the donor I liked best today - it was his last spot so I was lucky - he's 34 years old, 5 ft 11, blue eyes, blonde hair, works in a bank but training to be a massage therapist and is very articulate in his profile. No health issues. His grandparents are English Scottish on one side and Dutch French on the other. Parents are also blue eyed and blonde haired. He has 8 donor children.

Pray I get something to transfer so I can make use of his magnificent genes!

I have my apt with the nurse Thurs morning, and will pick up my drugs - she said one Elonva injection day 2 which takes me through to day 5, then Menopur at night til first scan. hGH in there as well. Then my scratch with Lynn after. AF due Sunday so that means I'll start jabbing early next week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooohhhhh he sounds like a beauty. I would definitely like to mix my genes with his!

It is such an emotional roller coaster this business. We have good days and bad days, highs and lows. Having you lovely ladies out there in cyberspace that are also going through it does make it a little easier.

This is probably a stupid question and there will be haters but...
    If I have my EPU on Friday and transfer on Monday is it inappropriate to have a champagne or 2 at my friends birthday on the weekend while the scientists are babysitting my embryos? Would it effect hormones etc and the chance of implantation?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Thanks Vix - yeah I can feel the negative mindset lifting today thank goodness. A bikeride in to work this morning and busying myself at work has helped. Will be avoiding those situations again for a bit though.

In other good news I have been allocated the donor I liked best today - it was his last spot so I was lucky - he's 34 years old, 5 ft 11, blue eyes, blonde hair, works in a bank but training to be a massage therapist and is very articulate in his profile. No health issues. His grandparents are English Scottish on one side and Dutch French on the other. Parents are also blue eyed and blonde haired. He has 8 donor children.

Pray I get something to transfer so I can make use of his magnificent genes!

I have my apt with the nurse Thurs morning, and will pick up my drugs - she said one Elonva injection day 2 which takes me through to day 5, then Menopur at night til first scan. hGH in there as well. Then my scratch with Lynn after. AF due Sunday so that means I'll start jabbing early next week.

he sounds like a total spunk rat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by littlesparrow74 View Post
    Ooohhhhh he sounds like a beauty. I would definitely like to mix my genes with his!

It is such an emotional roller coaster this business. We have good days and bad days, highs and lows. Having you lovely ladies out there in cyberspace that are also going through it does make it a little easier.

This is probably a stupid question and there will be haters but...
    If I have my EPU on Friday and transfer on Monday is it inappropriate to have a champagne or 2 at my friends birthday on the weekend while the scientists are babysitting my embryos? Would it effect hormones etc and the chance of implantation?
    I drank right up to transfer on this cycle. Go for your life.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kelly, the donor daddy sounds like a real keeper ! I'm glad to hear you will be starting your cycle soon. I always felt like every failed cycle was going to be my last, but then felt positive again approaching my next cycle. Sparrow have a few drinks, it won't harm implantation and you need a pick me up leading to the dreaded 2ww,

I'm still in hospital and leaving tomorrow thankfully. Hospital food is a shocker.
    Bubs is doing well, I wasn't able to breastfeed her as my milk has still not come in and am feeling guilty about that but I would rather have her on formula than nothing at all. Oh well tomorrow we go home so will be interesting to see how we go !

Thanks
    Reviews
    @littlesparrow74 drink up - while the embies are on the outside you can't do any harm.
    @Kelly70 serious donor envy! The best I could get was smart and similar interests but auburn hair and hazel eyes. You've hit the jackpot!

Off now - night time sniff due!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good work sparrow on ur follicle haul!
    Putting 2 back sounds optimal to me, and as for the champers - one or two won't hurt surely. I have a vino every now and then but only glasses of- not bottles!!!! Lol.
    Kelly70 - good to hear ur gearing up..weeeee! Back on it!!
    As for the "outside world" - they just don't blimming well get it. And they never will. This is our own special journey and we can't be pigeonholed goddammmmm it! Age shimage. Those know it all spoilt women with their babies - ha! Kel (and anyone else who cares to listen while I'm on my soap box) it's time to look after número uno and if it means protecting your sanity by staying away from certain social gatherings - so be it. No shame. Be selfish. Look after yourself first. I sure am. It feels great!
    There!
    Hels - I'm sure the milkbar will be in full swing before you know it.
    Jem70 scuba Vixjc anyone else I've forgotten cyber wave and sprinkles of baby dust to all.
    AFM - good golly it's a good looking folly!
    Having a go at timed intercourse with this cycle. We don't have money issues or anything like that - it's just that I have a feeling that since my body is working better (drug response wise) on less intervention that maybe less is best all round...... FS says the chances are all 50/50. So this cycle involves a busy baby dancing week! We will have a couple of hot dates this week - maybe even a vino or two....
    One 22cm folly - E2 1200 - all good.
    So wish us luck and I'm off to jab the old ovidrel trigger ✨✨CIAO BELLAS ✨✨

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Biscotti71 For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (29-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Biscotti71 - you make me laugh my *** off!! You're a bright spark and a half my girl, I bet you are the best fun IRL!! See what I did there with that Gen Y acronym?? I'm so hip man.

Wooo some hot lovin' going down at your house this week lady!! So was that recommended by the doc?? Are there two follies still? Maybe 2 eggs will get released and both fertilize during BD!!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (01-10-2014)