Closed Thread
Page 26 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks @Kellyk77 - that info helps a lot!! Feeling better now thanks lovely. I'm so impressed she has come back to you and doesn't want to give up yet - most FS wouldn't bother to follow up I reckon. Go for it Kel!! Are you going to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will go for it but think I need a mental break from it at the moment. Am still struggling with the stress of it all so need some time to get my head right!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kellyk77 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (15-09-2014),ScubaGal  (15-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jem and Kel it's interesting the differences between clinics. At my clinic there is a waiting list for donor sperm, but when your up, you get access to a private web site which contains all their donors and you can browse thru and select who you want to use. It's shows you how many vials of sperm are available for each donor so you know how many times they have been used.

Kelly77 so good to hear from you and am glad your FS is willing to try iui. She sounds really good am glad you ladies are going with her.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (15-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellyk77 View Post
    I will go for it but think I need a mental break from it at the moment. Am still struggling with the stress of it all so need some time to get my head right!
    You are amazing - as they say it only takes one so when you regroup I hope you go for it.

and you have a very big group of supporters here to help keep your spirits up.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Kellyk77  (15-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 I asked FS about IUI after my shocking first cycle and she said I was too old. She said she would take my request to the donor committee then never got back to me.

As a single I figured I'd happily give it an almost natural try once a month with a donor rather than out my body through all that stress for one egg.

But seems the clinic is not open to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I think we've got a better chance with ivf than iui at this age @Jem70 - although I fell preg naturally at 42!!! So I'm not sure we really are too old to be honest.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (15-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thx @Jem70 😊 I'm not feeling too amazing right now let me tell you. I always seem to have a delayed reaction to bad news and fall apart a few weeks later which happened today. Absolute mess I've been! So decided to go back to see my psychologist to talk through things. Thanks as always for all of your unwavering support ladies xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kellyk77 - very wise to have that support there in the form of therapy, I see mine monthly and she just helps me reset and maintain perspective.

We are here for you hon - you've been dealt a devastating blow and it's freaking very unfair. So good you are taking time to work through all that.

My psychologist reminded me last week that my life is not over at 43 if ivf fails and I decide to move on from it - that I still have much to look forward to in the future, including falling in love again and possibly still creating a family, whichever way that may occur. It kind of reset my brain a little when she said that.
    X

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (15-09-2014),ScubaGal  (15-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kellyk77 in my book, someone with the courage to admit they are finding it tough is even more amazing.

This has been the eye opener of the century for me. It's not just tough. Sometimes it really rips your soul out.

I think your journey has a few twists and turns yet so give yourself the freedom to feel it today, because tomorrow's outcome is yet to be determined.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    That's true @Kelly70 it's really not over in your 40's

It's great when someone gives you a real gem like that isn't it.
    I had a counsellor a while back who, when I told her how I'd probably never meet a guy and never have a boyfriend and never get married or have kids - she said "you know you don't actually have the power to predict the future. And if you did you'd be picking the lotto numbers".

That one usually comes back to me when I'm on a downward spiral of negative thinking, I find it really helpful to remind myself I can't predict the future.