Closed Thread
Page 24 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    I met my DH relatively late too - can't help timing hey! I've always been of the view that its better to be single and content with the prospect of happiness than attached and miserable for life ... Of course its easy to say when (a) you have a tendancy to date knobs and (b) you've finally found Mr Right, but in my defence I've been saying that since my twenties.

As difficult as I find the donor path, I get a lot of comfort knowing that its DH's child, I'll always be sad that we didn't get to create a little human that was a mix of both of us, and I'm sad that I'll never look at baby blue eyes or a little freckled nose and think "you got that from me kiddo" - but there's more to being a parent than DNA hey

I have a c-section booked for 22 Dec - so no xmas or NYE baby for me - I do get a nice peaceful xmas in hospital though rather than the chaos of DH's family xmas, a good thing I think! Of course, if I go into labour early, then I may have to front the craziness of family xmas after all

To be honest - still having a LOT of trouble believing it's real - even with this relentless all day sickness and growing belly, it all seems a little surreal. Although another 15 weeks and it'll feel pretty real
    You know what I reckon? You will still look at that little teeny face and get just as mushy because it'll be the little bug that you grew. That's the bit I'm most excited about although acknowledge I'm lucky enough to be using my own eggs.

Sorry I've been a by AWOL ladies - I've been travelling for work, been to Brisbane and Melbourne this week and only finally home tonight. Work travel is the pits. I've been reading along but haven't kept up much with comments. It's good to finally be home thank god it's Friday!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (13-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey everyone and Biscotti - yep feeling pretty good, I've really enjoyed getting back to focus again on work, exercise, friends and general nurturing.

Just replenished all my supplements at my naturopath this morning as well - sigh, kind of expensive and not sure if it helps but you gotta try everything.

Currently on:

Pre-natal
    Extra folic acid (saw it on Lynn's sheet)
    Dhea
    Melatonin
    Q10
    Vit E (another one from Lynn's sheet)
    Vit C
    Vit D
    Fish oil
    Vitex

Rattle rattle.

Apt with Lynn Wed 9am, praying she lets me cycle and doesn't restrict me to iui or something based on my crappy response.

Anyone had their amh tested recently? I had mine last tested Jan 2013, I believe testing methods/measurements have changed recently. Wondering if I should have had it tested again prior to Lynn.
    Last edited by Kelly70; 13-09-2014 at 15:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Hey @Kelly70 yay for Wednesday! That came up fast can't wait to hear what she says.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (13-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kel great to hear you have been enjoying yourself before cycles start again. Tell her that your preference is to go down the ivf path not iui, they shouldn't restrict you. How long is the wait for donor sperm at this new clinic ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hels - one of the best things about Monash (apart from Lynn of course) - no wait for a donor!

Having to pick a new donor again... always an interesting process

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (13-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Hels - one of the best things about Monash (apart from Lynn of course) - no wait for a donor!

Having to pick a new donor again... always an interesting process
    Ooh will you tell us who the front runners are when they give you the menu?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kel, pick a young stud !! Hopefully there will be a few of those on the menu

Thanks
    Reviews
    Choosing the donor is the tricky bit @Kelly70. Do you go for physical attributes or their beliefs and background? I had 5 to chose from and narrowed it down to 2 very quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I'll def be running the cream of the crop past you girls don't worry Scuba

Hels I'll be looking for a virile youngster - that's a definite too!

This time around I'm a little wiser I think - sparrow I do consider physical appearance, tended to lean towards a male version of myself - light colored hair and blue eyes. I liked tall as well (which I am not). Also looked for educated and reasonably articulate. But it seems perfect donors like men, are a little hard to come by I was also interested to know if they'd already made babies - my donor at Melb had already had 9 kids including a set of twins so I knew he had super sperm.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (13-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Picking a donor was nothing like I imagined it would be! It sounds like we are really similar physically @Kelly70 when I got three choices sent I was surprised as I had to let go of the preference for male-me - one was Mauritian which I wasn't sure about having such obvious differences but ultimately he was very religious so that was a no for me. The second had a history of bi polar in his family so I really only had the third. Wasn't a fan of colouring but I decided that was shallow because I loved his personality and education and felt it was really similar. I only have two more tries with him so I may be back at square one. I thought about asking for more options but I was worried I'd give up a reasonably good one and end up with nothing if I was picky.

I picked up all my drugs this morning until the first scan - 22 needle jabs before my first scan! Synarel starts on the 28th then it's about a month until EPU - this protocol takes forever so hopefully I get good egg numbers again

Supplement list for me:

prenatal and fish oil
    myo-inositol and extra folic acid
    ubiquinol
    zinc and E and selenium
    d
    c
    melatonin

the ubiquinol is the worst - even on iherb it's expensive! But feeling a lot healthier than a couple of months ago so something is working - let's just hope it's in the right places!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (14-09-2014)