Closed Thread
Page 23 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    I missed her call and she's not in the office (about to go on leave).. Her secretary wasn't about to give me her mobile number. I just said to let her know I was doing okay and was just happy to have made it to transfer. I also said I may cycle again on the same protocol whilst FS is on leave, seeing as we had a small success. I may end up back there if a Lynn won't let me cycle with low follicles.
    Oh how frustrating :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem70 View Post
    @Biscotti71 are you tanned and ready to roll? It's us next girl and I have a good feeling.
    Bring it on!
    (Mind you - feel that in all reality it might not work for me.... Never had an embryo to grow with so now considering DE in SA)
    As I typed that info -I got a deep burning feeling around my navel and my eyes flooded with tears. Not good since I'm about to go out for dinner! But reality bites. I think I'm the worst responder ever to be on BH. so not counting on too much.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscotti71 View Post
    Bring it on!
    (Mind you - feel that in all reality it might not work for me.... Never had an embryo to grow with so now considering DE in SA)
    As I typed that info -I got a deep burning feeling around my navel and my eyes flooded with tears. Not good since I'm about to go out for dinner! But reality bites. I think I'm the worst responder ever to be on BH. so not counting on too much.
    Ahhh Biscotti, being a poor responder is crap hey. I did 6 fully stimulated cycles, 4 times the cycle was cancelled - nothing to go to EPU to collect. twice I made it to EPU (three follies each time), got one mature egg (my third cycle) the follies were otherwise empty ... my one egg fertilised and that resulted in miscarriage. Some of us just don't respond to the meds which just sucks. But if you go the donor path - it does take a lot of pressure off Granted it brings some different hurdles, but it also brings a much greater chance of that elusive BFP. Good luck with the choices ahead of you - but I'm hoping this next cycle is the charm for you and the donor path is not required

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 I'm the voice of harshness but it has taken a week for her to call. Better than not at all I suppose, but you have nothing to feel bad about!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Biscotti71 - are you cycling again with your existing FS? Do you know yet what kind of approach you will take next time or do you need to see FS again first?
    I'm with you on the poor response thing, it seems so unfair.

Donor egg is such a hard and personal choice - I've been thinking about it too and lately have been leaning towards a No for me.. I think I'd be more comfortable with it if I had a partner as it would at least be half his, biologically. But donor eggs AND donor sperm.. a lot to get your head around.

Jem - I agree although in her defense she also sounded like she was on her deathbed - clearly suffering some kind of bug, she sounded truly awful.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (12-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixjc View Post
    Ahhh Biscotti, being a poor responder is crap hey. I did 6 fully stimulated cycles, 4 times the cycle was cancelled - nothing to go to EPU to collect. twice I made it to EPU (three follies each time), got one mature egg (my third cycle) the follies were otherwise empty ... my one egg fertilised and that resulted in miscarriage. Some of us just don't respond to the meds which just sucks. But if you go the donor path - it does take a lot of pressure off Granted it brings some different hurdles, but it also brings a much greater chance of that elusive BFP. Good luck with the choices ahead of you - but I'm hoping this next cycle is the charm for you and the donor path is not required
    Hey @Vixjc - thanks for your understanding words, only on BH can other women really get this uncertain yet often painful journey. I'm gutted I met my DH so late in the piece. But would rather be looking down the barrel of DE with him than being on the edge of suicide stuck in a loveless trap, with kids of the selfish egomaniac I made the mistake of marrying earlier.....

I saw on your profile that you are due 30 Dec with your bubba. The final trimester is coming up quickly for you - how are you feeling about your New Years Eve party!!?? Lol. This year could be the NYE of all NYE for you.!
    (Assuming you're not booked for a C- section)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    @Biscotti71 - are you cycling again with your existing FS? Do you know yet what kind of approach you will take next time or do you need to see FS again first?
    I'm with you on the poor response thing, it seems so unfair.

Donor egg is such a hard and personal choice - I've been thinking about it too and lately have been leaning towards a No for me.. I think I'd be more comfortable with it if I had a partner as it would at least be half his, biologically. But donor eggs AND donor sperm.. a lot to get your head around.

Jem - I agree although in her defense she also sounded like she was on her deathbed - clearly suffering some kind of bug, she sounded truly awful.
    Hey Kel - yep. Same FS. Different protocol though.
    (Will fill in more later - phone needs recharging)
    How are you ?? Feeling ok??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Different protocol sounds promising Biscotti

Kelly I reckon for the money we pay our FS should be reasonably accessible. We are the customers in a private market business after all :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kel, I agree on the donor egg opinion, I feel the same as well also going solo. I probably would have moved on being childless if it hadn't worked with my own egg. I've also got the added issue of being an only child which adds to the need for a biological connection. How is everyone going today ? 37 weeks now for me and I am struggling to walk now. Ive been getting some cramps and backache, im hoping i can hold on another week and a half till my scheduled c section. Just slothing around at home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Biscotti71 View Post
    Hey @Vixjc - thanks for your understanding words, only on BH can other women really get this uncertain yet often painful journey. I'm gutted I met my DH so late in the piece. But would rather be looking down the barrel of DE with him than being on the edge of suicide stuck in a loveless trap, with kids of the selfish egomaniac I made the mistake of marrying earlier.....

I saw on your profile that you are due 30 Dec with your bubba. The final trimester is coming up quickly for you - how are you feeling about your New Years Eve party!!?? Lol. This year could be the NYE of all NYE for you.!
    (Assuming you're not booked for a C- section)
    I met my DH relatively late too - can't help timing hey! I've always been of the view that its better to be single and content with the prospect of happiness than attached and miserable for life ... Of course its easy to say when (a) you have a tendancy to date knobs and (b) you've finally found Mr Right, but in my defence I've been saying that since my twenties.

As difficult as I find the donor path, I get a lot of comfort knowing that its DH's child, I'll always be sad that we didn't get to create a little human that was a mix of both of us, and I'm sad that I'll never look at baby blue eyes or a little freckled nose and think "you got that from me kiddo" - but there's more to being a parent than DNA hey

I have a c-section booked for 22 Dec - so no xmas or NYE baby for me - I do get a nice peaceful xmas in hospital though rather than the chaos of DH's family xmas, a good thing I think! Of course, if I go into labour early, then I may have to front the craziness of family xmas after all

To be honest - still having a LOT of trouble believing it's real - even with this relentless all day sickness and growing belly, it all seems a little surreal. Although another 15 weeks and it'll feel pretty real

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vixjc For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (13-09-2014),Kelly70  (13-09-2014)