Closed Thread
Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Clear negative this morning on the test with fmu. Weird as I can see the faint 2nd line on yesterday's test more clearly today now it's dried. I guess my body really hangs onto the trigger. I know there's 3 more days til OTD and I can't be sure until then but I think I may be out. It's 11 days post 2 day transfer now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 it's still possible. But even if this isn't the time, you have made a huge stride forward - you know you can get to successful transfer - that's brilliant! For now, I will keep crossing my fingers!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (02-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Jem70, you're right, I got way further than I expected. I can make embryos! I just wish I could make more than one, a failure would be so much easier to cope with if there was a frosty up one's sleeve. Anyway my apt with lynn in 2 weeks. I've decided my next cycle will be with her. I think Melb have done all they can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    @Kelly70 I'm so sorry to hear that it's negative I was really pulling for you. It is a good thing that you made an embryo although it doesn't take away the sense of loss. Hopefully Dr Lynne can work her magic and get you a couple to put in. I was thinking it's great that you proceeded with this cycle, I remember before EPU you weren't sure but you got much further than you thought you would. Sending you big hugs

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (02-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Kel, sorry to hear of your BFN this morning. At least you got through a cycle and transfer so that a plus. When you see your new FS, ask her if she would be willing to grow your embryo to blastocyst. This way you know that it can get past the cleavage stage. Not all clinics have the technology to grow them that long, would be a good idea to check with them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Helsbaby For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (02-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes that occurred to me Hels - I think sometimes they think the embies are going to fare better inside you esp one made from a fragile 43 year old egg! I think Melb like to do 2 day transfers - do you know @Jem70?

No sign of AF yet but that could be the prog I guess.

Made the mistake of calling the nurses today to ask how long the trigger generally lasts in your system and gave away the fact I had been testing at home. Cue serious telling off. They did say that the trigger should be gone by 10 days so how did I still have a faint 2nd line yesterday at 14 days? Is it remotely possible that I may still get a positive on Fri after blood test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Yes that occurred to me Hels - I think sometimes they think the embies are going to fare better inside you esp one made from a fragile 43 year old egg! I think Melb like to do 2 day transfers - do you know @Jem70?

No sign of AF yet but that could be the prog I guess.

Made the mistake of calling the nurses today to ask how long the trigger generally lasts in your system and gave away the fact I had been testing at home. Cue serious telling off. They did say that the trigger should be gone by 10 days so how did I still have a faint 2nd line yesterday at 14 days? Is it remotely possible that I may still get a positive on Fri after blood test?
    I think it's possible you either were or are pregnant. I think it's too long for the trigger to still be a factor. And I think the nurse was a bit of a beeatch for telling you off.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (02-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Scuba, you are very good at lightening the mood

Did you test again this morning - how did your line look?

Oh also I thought of you today - I checked out Lynn B's twitter page and there was a post from last year that said women who suffered an early loss after an ivf cycle had a higher chance of conceiving successfully on their subsequent cycle.

She also posted that women with low amh or who were poor responders/over 40 had greater success on 'soft' ivf - using fewer drugs to stimulate as opposed to high doses which could cause quality issues in eggs. Wonder if that's the approach she'll take with me.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (02-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70 you can def go to day 5 with MIVF - mine have all been day 5 because we were waiting for the PGD results. I still say the jury is out until AF and blood test. Stupid nurses who said that to you - I think 99 per cent POAS - @Helsbaby you are the first person I've heard who waited - I'm in awe if your patience - I couldn't!

Kelly - every one is different when it comes to levels decreasing from trigger and increasing after implantation. Hold tight for Friday and take care!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Jem70 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (02-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jem70, one of my girlfriends never tested and she was pretty bummed at me for testing! She had 3 cycles to get her bub and always waited til OTD! I do not get that kind of discipline, I wish I had some! Big learning curve this cycle though - I wouldn't test so early again I don't think - I'd prob wait to a couple days out from OTD and test then. Made a few rookie errors!!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Jem70  (02-09-2014)