+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Any Hairdressers???

I'm looking for someone to help me out!
    I have a fat round face πŸ˜‘
    I'm wanting to do a different hair style.
    I usually do the simple layers, side fringe with thinning out. I'm bored with it. I feel like a plain jane.

I'm thinking about a long bob. Shorter at back and long at front. Will this work for me?

Any advice from anyone! That would be great!
    Thanks ladies xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    All the lovely ladies here n I can't find a hairdresser? πŸ˜•

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey I am a ex hairdresser

The style you want definitely suites more round faces. Have you tried googling styles that suit your face shape to get an idea? I found some for you that might help. They have some concave bobs in the list

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=h...=1600&bih=1063

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Serenity Love For This Useful Post:

Hasselhoff  (26-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not a hairdresser but, I do the same and I need a change too. I don't really know what face shape I am, and really don't know how to fix it. I rekon that hair do would look lovely on a bigger face. :-) good luck.

Sent from my C6903 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Alipoo For This Useful Post:

Hasselhoff  (26-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you! I've asked DP what he thinks n he looks at me like I'm talking another language!
    I'm a bit nervous about doing it, I'm so used to the same style but like I said I feel like a plain jane.

Hoping to get to the hairdresser by Friday.

Also if I were looking at doing loose curls what would be the easiest way? Without a curling wand.

I have naturally curly hair but I hate the way it curls! I feel like I'm living in a birds nest or dressing up as a scare crow!

I either straighten my hair or throw it up in a ponytail. That's my limits. I wanna try something different ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @SimmyN also a hairdresser here
    Do you have a regular hairdresser that you go to?
    Its really important to find someone that will listen to you and explain how to style your curls.
    I tell my clients to not only bring a variety of pics they like but also ones that they are not keen on so you are on the same page.
    If you are self conscious about your round face id recommend a longer style concave.. google heidi klum, she has had an amazing style concave... though keep in mind the only way to get your hair looking as good as the photos is with styling... sorry!!! Hairdressers can give you the most amazing cut but it wont look the same unless you invest a little time on products, maintenance etc
    Hope this helps and Good luck!!
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

9. The Following User Says Thank You to olismumma For This Useful Post:

Hasselhoff  (26-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi! I did have a regular hairdresser and I've now started going to a new one. She seems really good and happy to listen to what I've wanted previously. We've never really spoken about my curls (she loves them, I have always hated them) I love when it's styled properly. I'm never confident doing it myself but want to try I want to start doing it for myself. I never bother doing stuff for me cause there's always something to do for someone else.

Now DS is a bit older and more cooperative I have time to spend on myself. Even I'm only going for a walk around town I am happy to spend some time to make myself feel pretty (somedays I feel I'm pretty haha)

Thanks! I'll have a look! I have been self conscious about my face for so long, I never felt I could find a hair style to work for me. My cheeks are a bit chubby. Always have been! Lol.

I've got a couple of photos on my phone I want to show my hairdresser and I'm hoping she agrees I can pull it off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And I'm happy to buy products, I just never know what lol. My hair can be really crappy! It gets very oily.. I have to wash it at least every second day! So I get worried about spending money on products in case they make my hair feel gross.
    Any ideas on some products they may work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SimmyN isn't it nice when you finally start to get a little time to look after yourself! Haha I loved when I could start doing hair and make up again
    Its great you have a hairdresser that will listen to your needs, just pick her brain on the styling and get her to instruct you. Also regarding the products it would be best to ask her as I cannot see your hair it makes it very hard to consult. Make sure she gives you a variety of brands that you can yourself purchase at hair wholesaler or online (not just the brand her salon is selling)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm hoping she is happy to listen to me this time! This will be the first time I am really trying something different and I'm hoping she doesn't think I'm asking too much!

It's lovely having time to myself now lol.