+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Breakfast for a 10 month old

Sorry if it's been done to death but I figured I should get some awesome ideas from the oracle that is BH.

DD isn't much of an eater.
    I'm looking for quick and easy ideas for breakfast.

She isn't keen in wheetbix, homemade porridge or eggs.

She is breastfed, won't take a bottle and won't take formula.

She will eat the farex 'muesli', the Rafferty's Garden porridge (both with fruit and yoghurt) and she will eat toast with veg, peanut butter or avo.

She wouldn't be at a stage to chew proper muesli yet but I want something a bit more textured than the Rafferty's porridge.

Any winners in your household?
    Thanks in advance hubbers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    When you say isn't keen on eggs how have you tried them ?

I alternate between 3 breakfasts, always with fruit to start and DS has been having these since he was 7 months old:

Banana pancakes (no sugar just basic egg/flour/milk mix and add chopped bananas while cooking)

Eggs - as a baby - Egg pancakes as you can cut into strips for easy finger food - 2 eggs mixed with chia seeds, fresh herbs, chopped tomato and feta then fried in mini frypan , now at 3 he also mixes it up with poached or scrambled eggs

Toast with avocado , peanut or macadamia nut butter

He is not a fan of cereal now but I used to make a quinoa porridge when he was a baby ( puffed quinoa with formula and a chopped pear or banana )

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (25-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS is 10 months and eats all of the above the same as your DD like toast, fruit, yoghurt etc. I am lucky though cos he loves weetbix and will tolerate porridge. He also loooovvees crumpets, but it's only a treat once a week with a little butter. He also likes homemade pancakes (no sugar) with a little butter to cook them in the pan. I have also made some homemade banana bread to mix things up a bit and that's also a winner. I know how you feel, everything gets a bit repetitive after a while. GL, hope that's helped.
    Last edited by TeamCarts; 25-08-2014 at 22:51.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to TeamCarts For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (25-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD has either porridge or weetbix with puréed fruit mixed in & toast. She doesn't like eggs or pancakes, so I'm stuck in a rut!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    When you say isn't keen on eggs how have you tried them ?
    Yeah I've tried her on scrambled egg and egg toast (French toast) she ate a bit but wasn't thrilled with them.

She likes a ham,cheese and avo toastie but I feel like I should give her a bit more variety.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Try the egg pancake - you can buy the mini pancake fry pans from myer , you don't need butter or oil and they cook in literally 2 mins, it's another good way to get veggies in early in the day!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (25-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just cut a banana into large chunks and 11.5 mth old DD demolishes that for breakfast often - I also have my hands free to finish up last nights dishes or get a head start on meal prep. Or Greek yogurt with mashed banana and blueberries stirred through another winner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Overnight oats?

I do a mix up for DS3, (and did for DS2 before his major food aversions kicked in)

Oats, greek yoghurt, various fruits (his current fave is blueberries, strawberries, lightly stewed pear and mango) and leave to soak overnight in the fridge. In the morning I blitz with the stick mixer a bit so its easier for him to eat. He loves it.

We also do fresh fruit and greek yoghurt.

Breakfast toast (like raisin toast I guess)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (25-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS loves Rice Bubbles and Uncle Toby's Quick Oats. He takes both with soy or rice milk as he can't tolerate cows and won't eat food made with formula.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Whirligig For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (25-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought the same thing about the Rafferty's Garden breakfasts so I mixed in some quick oats for a bit of texture & DD loves it!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

SpecialK  (25-08-2014)