+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default CCB/CCR question

So we've been put on the maximum rate of CCB (100%) due to really low income at the moment. DS is about to start a new daycare for 2 days per week. They've sent me the first statement and it says 100% CCB so that's fine and CCR taken off too (it's all paid straight to centre) but wouldn't that make the fees we pay zero? There's still $13 something per day owing. I know it's not much when full fees are $78 per day but wasn't planning on having the extra expense per fortnight until our income recovers.

Does that sound right or should it be zero? TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Doesn't that just mean you get the maximum CCB benefit available? All centres charge different fees so unless the centre only charges the same/maximum amount you could be entitled to for CCB, there would still be a difference that you would need to pay.

Never heard of free childcare (in this country).

Thanks
    Reviews
    No there should be a breakdown on the statement of what the CCB and CCR are.

CCB will vary depending on the hours they charge out per day but is generally 50-something dollars a full day.

So $78 - (eg) $52 = $26

CCR is a rebate of 50% of out of pocket, in this case 50% of $26 = $13

Hope that all makes sense, basically unless the centre charges out at a rate the same as the CCB (which none do!) you will always pay some out of pocket.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (26-08-2014),peanutmonkey  (25-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The CCB ( in your case 100%) means you get that portion of the 'scheduled fee'. No centre charges the scheduled fee so there will always be out of pocket expense. Just like the gap a GP may charge
    Child care is not cheap by any means and child care workers are actually very poorly paid - but that's a whole other thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's my understanding that if you get CCB, they will withhold a % of CCR in case of any over payment of CCB (so you don't end up with a debt at the end of the year and you'll get it back at tax time).

I may be wrong, but I think this is what happened the year I returned to work.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Stretched that totally makes sense.

We've been paying childcare fees for a long time but this is the first time we've been on this maximum rate and think the 100% confused me.

It's not much money at all but when you're living on newstart and parenting payment (temporarily) everything is a lot. Just wanting DS to get out there and into a childcare routine again before kindy next year.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (26-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bond Girl View Post
    Thanks @Stretched that totally makes sense.

We've been paying childcare fees for a long time but this is the first time we've been on this maximum rate and think the 100% confused me.

It's not much money at all but when you're living on newstart and parenting payment (temporarily) everything is a lot. Just wanting DS to get out there and into a childcare routine again before kindy next year.
    Yes, I've been in the same financial position. It's pretty lean. Maybe use the time to make gifts or trawl through the cupboards to see what can go on Gumtree? Then you won't feel so bad about the little extra spend to help him prepare for next year.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Bond Girl  (28-08-2014)