+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default dating scan differs from LMP by 2 weeks but low heart rate......I'm scared

So I'm pregnant with my second and had the dating scan today. I'm supposed to be 8 weeks by my calculations. But measured 5 weeks 6 days and heart rate of 95bpm.
    Should I be worried?
    There is also a small sub chronic haemorrhage.
    It's suggested I have another scan in 1-2 weeks, how long do I wait.
    My hcg levels were low when I got my bloods done, but still within range, just at the lower end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you are absolutely sure of your dates it does sound worrisome.

your situation sounds so much like my third pregnancy though.
    I thought I was sure of my dates and thought I was almost 8 weeks, had a bleed and went for a scan and was only 5w 4d and no heartbeat detectable.
    I had no idea what was going on but when I looked back over my cycle (always kept a journal) I saw that I'd had a very irregular cycle with lots of spotting.
    went back two weeks later and our daughter was there with a heartbeat. She's nearly 8 now.

if there's any discrepancy with your dates or cycle then there is hope. If you're absolutely sure, the odds are against you
    as hard as it is to wait I'd probably wait 2 weeks and rescan. At that point you should know, as 7 weeks is a big week for an embryo.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a similar issue. I went for a scan thinking I was 7 weeks. Nothing seen on scan other than a sac. Thought to be maybe 5 weeks. I then had a bleed. My hcg levels were low and weren't rising. I had a scan 2 weeks later. Got strong heartbeat and measuring 7 weeks.

I hope that it is all good for you. My thoughts are with you. It's a horribly stressful time. I can only wish for you that it's just a difference in dates. *hugs*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It does depend how certain you are on when you ovulated.

If you have a regular 28ish day cycle, I would request another lot of bloods to check they are doubling at the correct rate, followed by a scan in a bit over a week to check growth.

If your cycle can be irregular, or is longer (eg. 35+ days) then I would get another scan 1.5-2 weeks and hopefully bub just doesn't match the LMP method for dating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls. My cycle is irregular but I've never had a cycle longer than 35 days. Hcg level were in range, so hoping all is ok. Will see doc next week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Although it's not a positive story, I'll share mine. With my first pregnancy we were actively ttc and so I was 100% sure of my dates. I went for a dating scan at approximately 7 weeks but baby measured approximately 6 weeks with a heart rate of approximately 90bpm. I knew things weren't looking positive for us. We went back in 2 weeks time (so I should have been 9 weeks pregnant) and the baby was still measuring small but now with no heart beat. I'd had a missed miscarriage and my body was still giving me all the signs and symptoms that it was a normal pregnancy.

I hope in your case that perhaps you implanted late and baby is still in the early stages. Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lost a pregnancy last week. The unfortunate truth is that 20% of pregnancies fail in the first trimester. That's 20% of pregnancies, which is significantly more than 20% of women. It'll either be fine or it won't. I looked for signs, googled, went on forums etc, looking for something (I don't know what). I spotted from 5 weeks til it died at 7 weeks 5 days. Scans at 6 weeks and 7 weeks 4 days showed a normal sized baby with a strong, normal heartrate, yet it died the day after the last normal scan. Worst thing is that I finally started getting ms and other preg symptoms after the baby had died, which gave me false hope. However, I've heard of people with worse signs and scans than me who had healthy babies so you may be fine. You just can't possibly know and that's one reason why it sucks to be female.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (06-09-2014)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Sally1981 i'm so sorry for your recent loss.
    Op, best wishes for you and bub from here on. Thinking of you.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (07-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    If you're not sure of your dates and they're off then 95bpm at 5w6d could be okay because the heartbeat might literally have just started!

That being said, with my first pregnancy I went for a scan at 7w2d and I was sure of my dates. Bub measured 5w6d with an 86bpm (from memory) heartbeat. I miscarried at 9w2d. You can read the story in my signature if you're on the web view of the forum. I hope your pregnancy is different.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (07-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My scan is Monday, so only a few more days to go" I had another blood test and all looks good there, so fingers are crossed.

Thanks for sharing your stories ladies, and I sorry for you losses