+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Saying Hello and asking a conception question

Hi there!

I'm new to the forum - thank you for having me!
    I have only just found out that I am pregnant - about 3 days ago. I did a couple of positive home tests and then went to the doctor who took a blood sample and also confirmed again for me via a urine sample.
    She didn't mention or ask anything about conception dates or date of my last period, etc and I really want to find out how far along I am!
    I have heard they calculate it from the first day of your last period and for me this was June 28th, which would suggest that I am about 8 weeks pregnant.
    HOWEVER, I took a home test about 4 weeks ago (around July 27) and it was negative....
    So I'm confused....I havent had a period for 2 months, but I took a negative test a month ago.

Is there a way I can tell how many weeks I am? Or do I have to wait until I get my blood work back next week...?

Many thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi and welcome!

When you go back to your doctor for your blood test results, tell him/her that you gave no idea his far along you are, and ask for an ultrasound. An ultrasound is the only way to know for sure how many weeks you are.

Do you have a regular cycle? Do you know when you ovulated?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your blood work will give an indication if you are under 7 weeks (after that bloods are not as accurate). It's possible the test you took 4 weeks ago was too early to show up even though you may have been pregnant. It's quite common for a hpt to show negative in early days

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you! Will do