+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Maternity support brace recommendations?

I am having nasty6 abdominal stretching pains and rib pain which seems to ease when i hold up my belly. So that gives me the impression the weight of my baby is causing the pain. Its sooo bad... especially when sitting. Sitting at my desk all day at work is pure hell.

Can anyone recommend a good brace to help support my abs and back and ribs etc?

This baby is only gonna get bigger and if it hurts like this already I am dreading what it will be like getting to full term....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I got something from my physio - I think it's called TubiGrip or something like that? Cheap and effective. I had awful rib pain and round ligament pain so I know how you feel! Seeing a good physio is worthwhile, I did weekly visits for the last 2 months of my pregnancy and it helped ease the pain.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Serenity Love  (24-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    I got something from my physio - I think it's called TubiGrip or something like that? Cheap and effective. I had awful rib pain and round ligament pain so I know how you feel! Seeing a good physio is worthwhile, I did weekly visits for the last 2 months of my pregnancy and it helped ease the pain.
    Oh thanks for that i think ill definitely that that. It's just so uncomfortable and draining pain.

Thanks
    Reviews
    In addition to the tubigrip you can also get something like this

http://www.apeainthepod.com/mobile/P...tegory_Id=MC32

I have one exactly the same (not this brand) that the hospital physio provided, with the tubigrip underneath. If your hospital has a physio department ask for a referral so you can be seen/fitted correctly, or if not see a private one, the right product and fit is important so you get the right support

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Pearlygirl; 25-08-2014 at 08:48.