+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    I would love to comment about what I think is fair and unfair but I just can't get past $4,600!!!!
    I agree! If it happened at our house we'd have to sell the stuff to pay the bill!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ozeymumof5 For This Useful Post:

harvs  (25-08-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Well I spoke to the boy at school today and asked him what he was thinking. He said he knows he shouldn't have tricked his sister but he really wanted to get to the next level. He also said that he kinda sorta didn't really understand that it was real money. He's a sweet kid so I believe him. He's totally learnt his lesson, though, that's for sure!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default Fair or Unfair?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I'm struggling to believe you can spend $4600 in 30 minutes. There's a class action against Apple (iTunes) in relation to these in-app purchases and a lot has been done to make it more difficult to access them - like having to put in your credit card details each time so even if someone knows your password they also have to know your credit card.

I don't know @harvs. i think there's more to this than the mum is letting on (not saying anything against you - just I think for her to go off like that sounds like there's more to it).

As for knowing passwords - sometimes kids earn the right to have those privileges.

Like i said - just sounds like there could be more to this.
    See the amount blew my mind as well, but the things he bought (probably bundles of coins) were 129.95 a pop, so about 40 of them would get you there. Also, I never have to input my credit card details. Do you know if those changes have come in yet?

Also, @Sonja, OT but it's my thread and I'm ok with it, seeing as how you're a lawyer lady, it's always struck me that digital purchases are like the only realm where you don't have huge grounds for 'return', without a big battle. You certainly can't return something you don't like, or, say, a game that isn't what you thought it was going by the description. You often can't try before you buy. Is that part of what the class action is about?
    Last edited by harvs; 25-08-2014 at 19:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dint ask how I even noticed this, but @harvs I just noticed you thanked every post in this thread except mine. Is that personal??

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

harvs  (25-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellewood View Post
    Dint ask how I even noticed this, but @harvs I just noticed you thanked every post in this thread except mine. Is that personal??
    Oh I know! I've been trying to thank them all and I have this thing on the app sometimes where if I thank too many posts in a row it freezes and quits. I'm catching up I promise. I was hoping you wouldn't notice yet...

Also, you'll note I didn't thank any of my own ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Oh I know! I've been trying to thank them all and I have this thing on the app sometimes where if I thank too many posts in a row it freezes and quits. I'm catching up I promise. I was hoping you wouldn't notice yet...

Also, you'll note I didn't thank any of my own ;-)
    ive bern on but hub all of 5 minutes in the last week yet I noticed this.... How sad! Haha. The first thing I thought was, oh she doesn't like me!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't read all of the responses, but I would have punished myself because I outsourced my parenting to an 11 year old.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

CazHazKidz  (26-08-2014),Eilonwy  (25-08-2014),harvs  (25-08-2014),LaDiDah  (25-08-2014),littlelove  (25-08-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (25-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellewood View Post
    ive bern on but hub all of 5 minutes in the last week yet I noticed this.... How sad! Haha. The first thing I thought was, oh she doesn't like me!
    That would be completely passive aggressive and petty of me...would people actually do that?

Don't fret, all is well :-)

I have to admit I'm a little taken aback by some of the responses regarding their actual parenting. Not offended, just...it wasn't an aspect I'd thought about, really. Lots of food for thought here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sounds like the parents are so upset, and I understand that. Is it really dramatically and horribly unfair to get rid of an iPad? Really? We have one, and I have to say - it is one of the worst things ever to happen to my kids. They have no interest in doing anything else, they don't want to go outside and play - I pretty much have to force them out by pushing them out the door. Haha.

So I'm a bit Meh - all kids lose the iPad, big deal. Kids spend far too much time and get far too involved in computers/apps and social media these days.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

harvs  (25-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    The class action is also (so far as I understand it - it's US law) about disclosure of how in app purchases operate and that when you buy some games you don't even know there are in app purchases. It's based on the consumer'a contract with apple when it buys these games.

And I think the general thrust of it is it's just plain sneaky and as the pp said impacts on how the game can be played.

You can adjust your settings so it asks for a credit card every time you buy something.

There is a thought the law suit will bring about an end to these types of purchases all together.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

beebs  (26-08-2014),BH-KatiesMum  (25-08-2014),harvs  (25-08-2014)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast