+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry forgot to add but yes it was still worth taking the carrier for me also!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peonies For This Useful Post:

matalee  (25-08-2014),Stretched  (25-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We used a carrier to take 8week old dd on a domestic flight. The fussing over bags and tickets and boarding etc was made all that much easier with her snugly in the carrier. But yes we had to take her out for the flight itself. I ended up bf'ing during take off and landing, the attendants were more than happy for her to sit facing me as long as her seatbelt was still on. But once we landed, she was back in and I had my hands free to take a bag etc.

I would still take it even though it can't be used on the plane so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've always flown with a carrier. Took little one out for take off and landing and wore bub during the flight. At one point, I strapped bub to the front of me and we both had a sleep. It also gave me an opportunity to have a walk up and down the cabin to settle when little one was very small. I recently flew (last week) with my now 14 month old and wouldn't be without my Ergo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I did but they made me Take H out at security then clip him back up plus not allowed wear on plane etc so silly in my eyes if your holding them anyway! More hassle then helpful :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't aware that they couldn't be used on the plane and have never been asked to take DD out on all of our flights. Interesting

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry to gate crash the thread but is the security protocol the same for a wrap?

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JAG242 View Post
    I wasn't aware that they couldn't be used on the plane and have never been asked to take DD out on all of our flights. Interesting
    I don't think there is a problem wearing bubs in the carriers during the flight but they need to be seated with you and the seatbelt on for take off and landing.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tessa27 For This Useful Post:

JAG242  (24-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everybody. I was expecting it might be an issue at security so I'm planning to keep the ergo in my hand luggage until we're through and then I'll put it on. I'm glad other people have still found them useful even with the restrictions on when they can be used. I'll let you know how we get on. :-)

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    Sorry to gate crash the thread but is the security protocol the same for a wrap?

Yep because they need to be able to see you don't have anything hidden between the two of you.

The other thing to consider is a pram/stroller as you can take these to the gate and then they get it taken to one of the baggage guys to put on the plane.

However I was made take ds out of it on our flight to melbourne and fold it up to go through the scanner but then on the way home we just wheeled it through (ds wasn't in it this time though as I was prepared for having to fold it up so not sure if they would have let him stay in or not).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Donnab739 For This Useful Post:

munchkin275  (25-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post

I've been able to wear my hug-a-bub style stretchy through (take DS out) as it has no bulk. I imagine the bulkier, padded carriers would usually need to be scanned.