+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    91
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked
    37
    Reviews
    0

    Default Does this sound right? C-link amount?

    So long story short, I'm considering separating from DH. Anyway been looking at what I would be able to get to see if I can actually leave etc.
    I've used the online calculators and came up with this: (I have 3 kids)

    Single parent pension 18500 year
    Austudy 14352 year
    Family tax benefit 16328 year
    Child support 15236 year
    Total - $64416-

    This sounds to me 'too much'??
    Have I done something wrong? I am studying, and as far as I know I've filled the forms in right... I'm not working because I'm studying at the moment and of course I hate having to rely on c-link to even get by but it might just come to that 😞

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    1,914
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked
    1,502
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Happy to stand corrected as it's a long time since I've dealt with centrelink, but I don't believe you get austudy on top of another pension payment, so you'd probably have to remove that figure from your calcs.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

    atomicmama  (23-08-2014),undercover7  (23-08-2014)

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    21,650
    Thanks
    15,094
    Thanked
    11,260
    Reviews
    14
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by GM01 View Post
    Happy to stand corrected as it's a long time since I've dealt with centrelink, but I don't believe you get austudy on top of another pension payment, so you'd probably have to remove that figure from your calcs.
    This its one or the other.

    Of the age of your youngest changes it too. You might be on new start instead spp.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

    undercover7  (23-08-2014)

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked
    66
    Reviews
    0
    Child support looks too high for that amount of child benefit. Have you taken into account the time te children will spend with their dad

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Threekids For This Useful Post:

    undercover7  (23-08-2014)

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,174
    Thanks
    284
    Thanked
    576
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep u can only get 1 income support payment.

    Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

    undercover7  (23-08-2014)

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    91
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked
    37
    Reviews
    0
    Great, thank you all. I thought that sounded way too much!
    Yes, I worked it on me having the kids 6days out of 7. My husband works very long hours and normally 6 days a week so 1 day a week would be about it for him.
    Thanks all for the help!

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW
    Posts
    6,649
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked
    862
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Also the amount of child support you receive reduces your single parent payment by a certain amount too

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to RmumR For This Useful Post:

    undercover7  (23-08-2014)

  13. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,678
    Thanks
    1,170
    Thanked
    381
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by undercover7 View Post
    So long story short, I'm considering separating from DH. Anyway been looking at what I would be able to get to see if I can actually leave etc.
    I've used the online calculators and came up with this: (I have 3 kids)

    Single parent pension 18500 year
    Austudy 14352 year
    Family tax benefit 16328 year
    Child support 15236 year
    Total - $64416-

    This sounds to me 'too much'??
    Have I done something wrong? I am studying, and as far as I know I've filled the forms in right... I'm not working because I'm studying at the moment and of course I hate having to rely on c-link to even get by but it might just come to that 😞
    You'll get spp, fta+b, child support, pensioner education supplement for the studying. The calculators aren't always the most reliable if I went on it would say I would get way more for some reason. But it is doable good luck. I'm also a single mum and studying/ working.

    Sent from my iPhone using Bub Hub app
    Last edited by Jensha; 23-08-2014 at 19:40.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

    undercover7  (23-08-2014)

  15. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    75
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked
    66
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by undercover7 View Post
    Great, thank you all. I thought that sounded way too much!
    Yes, I worked it on me having the kids 6days out of 7. My husband works very long hours and normally 6 days a week so 1 day a week would be about it for him.
    Thanks all for the help!
    He may work long hours but assuming he sees the kids in the mornings and evenings presently, going from that to one night a week is a massive loss of time with his children. Do you think that is enough time for the children with their dad? Also, he may want equal time and not agree to one day.

  16. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    91
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked
    37
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Threekids View Post
    He may work long hours but assuming he sees the kids in the mornings and evenings presently, going from that to one night a week is a massive loss of time with his children. Do you think that is enough time for the children with their dad? Also, he may want equal time and not agree to one day.
    That would be it unless he was on holidays/RDOs etc. he leaves the house at 5am and doesn't get home til 5pm-8pm and then sometimes he works away for weeks at a time. Of course if he got off work early some days he could/would pick them up from school or whatever but for working out if I can afford to leave I'll go with 1 day per week. I'd love if he could have them for 48 hours a week, it would mean I could probably find some work but that's not the case. Anyway I probably won't leave, he's in the midst of another mental health challenge so my guilt will make me stay 😏 thanks all


 

Similar Threads

  1. DD class having a significant amount of relief teachers -advice
    By DesperatelySeekingSleep in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 30-07-2014, 09:23
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-07-2014, 09:02
  3. 10 month old and amount of formula per day
    By Our Baby Dream in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 28-04-2014, 08:18

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Ro&Co
Share magical moments this Christmas with this gorgeous gingerbread house. Exclusively available in Brisbane, with FREE delivery in Brisbane Metro areas. Each Christmas Centrepiece is unique and made to order, from $240.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Softmats
Softmats specialises in safe, non-toxic, and durable play mats. The international Premium Dwinguler™ Play Mats and Premium Bubba Mat™ range of floor spaces are the best quality in the world.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!