+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default First IVF and lots of q's

Hi,
    I'm Amy.

I've been a long time reader and thought I should finally join.

I'm 34 and DH & I are currently in the middle of our first IVF after numerous unsuccessful OI & IUI's including 2 early miscarriages.

The first half of the IVF schedule has been been OK but I really feel like I'm in over my head.

I feel stupid that there is so much I don't understand or think I do until my clinic say/does something different to what I thought would happen.

I am triggering tonight and I wanted to run some figures by you lovely ladies who will probably have more idea than I do.

- D9 my biggest follie was 1.5 and lots of small
    - D11 I had 2x 1.8, 2x 1.6 and 4x 1.6 and 4x 1.4
    my clinic said they like the follies between 1.8 and 1.4 before they trigger so assumed they might trigger me after this but they didn't.
    - 2 days later at d13 (Fri) I had 2x 2.5, 2x 2.1 1x 1.9 4x 1.8 and 1x 1.2 and E2 at 12,100 so they are triggering tonight (Sat) but by the time I go to egg collection (monday afternoon d16)... 3 days after my last scan won't my follies be too large/mature??

Sorry I just can't stop worrying that maybe they should have collected on Friday?

2nd Q: For those that had afternoon collections what time did you do your suppositories? My phamplet says for AM collection at 5pm the night before and fasting from midnight but there is no instruction for a PM collection as I was told I could still eat until 630am.

I'm so confused

Thanks so much in advance

Amy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Amy, I think my clinic likes to see a few at *least* around the 2.0 mark before triggering. So I guess 2.5 might have been a bit large but I'm not sure. Ask your FS if you have any concerns. They might sacrifice the one or two larger follicles to get a bigger collection of eggs from the mid range.

I'm not sure about your other question. You normally have to fast a few hours before egg collection but a suppository is a drug that you take anally isn't it? So that wouldn't count I imagine. Do you mean pessaries? I've never taken any suppositories for IVF.

Good luck tomorrow! Let us know how you get on.
    Last edited by Bongley; 23-08-2014 at 19:05.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with Bongley, Amy. They seem like a perfect size to me. The 2 big ones might be sacrificed but the others are spot on. Good luck!

I have only ever had pessaries which are started after egg collection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Amy - oh IVF can be so confusing, especially your first cycle as unfortunately it's very much trial and error. Whilst there is the standard cycle program things can/do change by the day. In my experience your trigger day seems fine - sometimes one larger follie may be sacrificed for the sake of growing several others. As far your progesterone support; ring your nurse if you're unsure although I don't think exact timing is critical.
    Wishing you lots of luck x