+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Induction in two day!

Hi everyone.. I am being induced on monday (36 +2) due to high bp and a large for dates baby.. she is 2 weeks ahead and was 95th percentile at last scan.
    Im petrified of this labour. I feel like im in denial lol. Ds1 was 37 weeks due to iugr and was tiny. Ds2 was 37 +5 and was a kilo heavier at 3.2 kilos. I think my ob is predicting dd to be 8 to 9 pounds or so? I have had growth scans with both boys and they were extremely accurate. I was also induced with the boys too and laboured 7 hrs then 5 hrs so hopefully it will be quick. He offered me a c section but I declined. All throughout my pregnancy I have been set on my first epidural but now im getting scared. I hate my lower back being touched.. petrified they will hit a nerve and won't be able to get it in the right place because im a bigger girl. But I still think I want one as im so anxious of her size and I dont think I can deal with labour pains again. Im just really emotional about this birth! Gah! Wish it was tuesday and over and I had my baby girl 😢😢😢😢😢 any advise or words of wisdom?

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no experience with being induced, but wanted to say good luck and congratulations!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks mrs s. And thanks to the 97 who viewed and didnt reply 😑

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    A lot of ppl I know have said their biggest bub was also their best labour - good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Unless you have a remarkably small/ narrow pelvis and baby gets stuck, I don't think labour is any more complicated or difficult with a bigger bub. I know for me, my tiny IUGR baby was my most difficult labour! I've heard plenty of people say that they've birthed their bigger babies as easily/ more easily than their smaller babies. So try not to think of the size too much & just focus on a healthy baby Also... at 36+2, surely the baby can't be TOOOOOO big.... can it? It's best to try to relax and let go of any anxiety... i know, easier said than done! But I really believe that labour is easier when you are calm and not anxious about it, so try to not focus on the size too much. Good luck, I hope it's an awesome, easy labour for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My second baby was 3.2kg and my third (born a week ago) was 4.1. Labour was just as painful but much quicker. I didn't have to push for as long and no tears and less grazes than last time. Bigger isn't a bad thing.

Hope all goes well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only have 1 baby so have nothing to compare it too but i was induced and had the epidural.
    I was so nervous going in that I did not sleep the night before. I won't lie the epidural was uncomfortable going in but it made the whole experience so relaxed. I was still able to use my legs (they would not let me get out of bed but I could if I was allowed) and I was still able to feel where and when to push, I was up within a few hours for a shower and felt 100% the next day
    This was just my experience but I hope you can take the positives from it
    Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How did you go OP?