+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Styling Help - need shoe/accessory ideas!

Hi All

I've bought this dress to wear at my wedding (very small event, just a celebrant - cake & champagne then out to lunch affair with 10 people).

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1408747383.807527.jpg

I have no idea what shoes to wear or how to accessorise it - so any ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance :-)

BH-KatiesMum is online now Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    oh its beautiful

when is your wedding?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    That's a lovely dress! I wish I could enlarge it to see the fabric pattern a bit more clearly.

Are you wearing your hair up or down? Personally, I think an up-do would work best with this dress because of the high neckline, but maybe something a bit softer than the one in the picture. You could think about having flowers or pretty pins tucked into hair.

The dress has a lot of detail on it so, if it were me, I'd want to keep the focus on that and keep the accessories very simple. Plain pearl/diamante bracelet, small pearl/diamante stud earrings, neutral coloured shoes, simple neutral coloured clutch. The neckline is too high for a necklace. You could go for small drop earrings as well, as long as they weren't too long/dangly or fancy - keep it plain and simple so the dress is the stand out. You don't want your accessories competing for attention.

Are you having a bouquet? Another option would be a floral wristband instead of having a bracelet. I didn't have any brideslaves and didn't want to have to fuss with a bouquet so I had the florist make up a wristband of small flowers instead; I had the same flowers woven into my hair (loosely pulled back, half up-half down).

And another thought, not sure if you're into the "something blue" tradition but you could incorporate it into your accessories. This dress could look beautiful with like a royal blue satin shoe...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

wobbleyhorse  (23-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Gorgeous dress! It is very detailed, so I would keep everything else very simple. Neutral heels in the same closed in style as the model is wearing and simple pearl or diamante stud earrings. I definitely wouldn't wear a necklace, and probably wouldn't bother with a bracelet. I also agree with PP that a soft up-do would look beautiful with the high neckline.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to decemberbubba For This Useful Post:

PrincessPud  (23-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dear wobblyhorse, wow, your dress is just gorgeous. I agree with neutral shoes, a soft mushroom skin tone strap shoe- as close to skin colour as possible. Definitely no necklace. Hair up, I would probably go for a 'sophisticated up do' rather than soft curls, for example. I think deco-looking classic diamond look earrings and thin diamond look bracelet would look fab. We did exactly the same for our wedding, we had 14 people, it was brilliant. A small, sophisticated looking bouquet would be lovely too perhaps in white or mushroom. Enjoy your special day x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to littleriv For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys! Amazing suggestions xx

@BH_KatiesMum - it's in 2 weeks! So I had better get my skates on. (How do I tag you???? I can't get it to work).

I think the nude shoe will be a winner - I will head to shops today to have a look.

I am getting my hair put up - I have fairly short hair - chin length so was thinking something a bit like the picture below.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1408758789.881430.jpg

Or

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1408758816.864672.jpg

I would love earrings but just tried to put some in & they've closed up - I may have to give them harder push. Earrings would be lovely and I agree a necklace wouldn't work.

There is a bouquet - not sure what the colour is though - I should really find out...but a wrist band with flowers sounds really nice - then a few in my hair.

I realise it sounds like I have no idea about my own wedding but we've organised the ceremony through a company called Pop-Up Weddings - they basically hire the venue, style it, have a photographer, celebrant and provide bouquet, champagne & cake - you can have up to 10 guests at the ceremony (It's one hour all up) then you can head off to do whatever - we are going out for a celebratory lunch near the beach.

It did cause a few raised eyebrows as it's not overly traditional and we haven't invited every man and his dog...(sorry, slight vent there). I love it though - just my close friends with champagne & cake - perfect!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What a lovely dress. I agree with the mushroom shoes. Love the hair in the top photo.

And don't let anyone take away from your day. If they don't like the way you are doing it, meh, it isn't their wedding.

Congratulations.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nothing wrong with non-traditional. When it comes to weddings you can never please everyone but the most important people to please are yourselves! I like the sound of what you've got planned. Intimate and special.

Love the top hairstyle with more loose strands around the face and some body at the back. I always go for messy chic as it suits my impossibly straight hair that just won't behave.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    OP, that dress is divine and I would definitely go with nude coloured shoes and the bonus with that colour is that it elongates your legs .

Love the hair style on Emily Blunt, that would suit the dress and shorter hair perfectly!

I love your choices, so chic and not run of the mill. All the best for an awesome wedding.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's such a pretty dress - and I love the sound of the pop up wedding, it's so intimate.

When I saw the dress my first thought was pearl earrings would look lovely with it. Especially with the hairstyles you posted.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mellie29 For This Useful Post: