+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lil miss,
    So sorry top hear what had happened. I send you. Also I am continuing to pray. Please keep in touch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks @Rammie. Will definitely keep updating- its nice to have somewhere to just debrief and get it out. Mum has been amazing for both dh and I, dont think either of us could have coped without her. Even though its just texts or phone calls, she is the level headed one (which says a lot because she is even more insane than I am normally lol).

After the inital shock of being told all this yesterday, dh and I are both really calm today. I guess even though we are back to square one and going through the whole diagnosis thing over again, that fear of the unknown isnt there now, if that makes sense? Like if it does come back yes he does have cancer as first thought we know what to expect next and everything.

I dont know, it weird. My whole outlook on the situation has completely changed. There's none of the panic, or worry that was there before. Just the feeling of ok we will just deal with whatever happens and it will all be ok. My mind isnt in overdrive like it has been. And dh is dealing with it all a lot better too in the sense he is communicating more about things and how he is feeling.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Last edited by SheWarrior; 16-09-2014 at 16:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So quick update.

He goes for all his tests tomorrow. And will see the new dr same day so no waiting like last time.

Also he has formally requested all care be transferred to here (townsville).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
    So quick update.

He goes for all his tests tomorrow. And will see the new dr same day so no waiting like last time.

Also he has formally requested all care be transferred to here (townsville).

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck lil miss,

My husband had cancer a few years ago. If you want to ask questions or talk, send me a message.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mousky View Post
    Good luck lil miss,

My husband had cancer a few years ago. If you want to ask questions or talk, send me a message.
    Sorry to hear you have been on this rollercoaster too and thank you xo

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

mousky  (17-09-2014)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    good luck for tomorrow

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (16-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Good luck for the new tests xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fingers crossed for good news xox

13. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

SheWarrior  (17-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Sorry for the late update- been a crap couple of days on this end!!

So he had all the testing done and the result is.....

Definitely NOT cancer!!!

He has what the new dr suspected- a pulmonary contusion or bruising and bleeding on the lung. Its not severe and the dr believes it should heal on its own with no long term affects. He does have to have 1-2 blood tests a fortnight indefinitely as the blood tests from the other day showed he has low oxygen levels, high carbon dioxide levels and something about acids (dh couldn't remember), so they want to keep an eye on that for now.

Dh spoke again to the dr regarding any action and unfortunately the old dr has done what he thought was the right thing in the situation. And dh said he just wants to put it all behind him, so won't be taking it any further.

We are so relieved, as you can imagine. Its been a crazy rollercoaster over the last few weeks, something neither of us thought would ever happen to us. But as difficult as it has been, there's also been a lot of positives come out of it. Its brought dh and I closer after a lot of issues, its made us realise whats important to us and we have reevaluated our priorities. Dh has been more involved- he spends more quality time with the kids and I, helping more when hr is home, making the most of the time he has with us when he is home. He has started looking after himself, eating better and exercising, and the difference is already noticeable. Its made both of us and my mum quit smoking- even having cancer herself didnt stop her. So even though its been quite possibly one of the hardest things we have been through, its definitely had a lot of silver linings.

I just want to thank each and every one of you who have been there with me on this crazy ride. Your support, wise words, well wishes and virtual hugs have been so much comfort. I really can't express just how grateful and appreciative I am to you all. Thank you all so much, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you.

15. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

DJ Nette  (19-09-2014),HappyBovinexx  (19-09-2014),littlelove  (20-09-2014),LoveLivesHere  (19-09-2014),SJG  (19-09-2014),stella marie  (19-09-2014),sunnyflower  (19-09-2014),SuperGranny  (19-09-2014),VicPark  (19-09-2014)