+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
    SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    oh lilmiss. this must feel like a bad dream , I hope everything is found to be ok, and your dp has no further stress. giant stuff up. I hope someone will apologise for it all. hugs, marie,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Tell me about it. So essentially he is back to square one, starting all the tests again and apparently the old dr didnt do a really important scan at the start. His original diagnosis was based soley off an xray and the new dr thinks there was a **** up with the biopsy results as well. The same day michael had his, 2 people were having the same thing done to see if theirs had returned. 2 out of the 3 came back cancer, 1 was clear. These other 2 arw patients of the original dr as well.

So we are going to assume its cancer until these second lot of tests prove otherwise. If all turns out to be nothing, excellent. If not at least we know what to expect. Is a relief and so incredibly infuriating to know it could all be a huge mistake.

At the very least its brought some positive changes to our lifestyles and relationship.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Omfg. Can your hubby get treatment T. hospital near you that is a little more... Not hopeless?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh gosh, you poor things. What an emotional roller coaster for you all. So what do they think it is then, if it's not cancer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    OMG what a roller coaster.

Was it a PET scan that he was supposed to have?
    He couldn't remember the name (he said it was really long), but from what I have read I think thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Omfg. Can your hubby get treatment T. hospital near you that is a little more... Not hopeless?
    He wont go to the hospital here because its where his mum died last year and also where his sister died when he was younger and he said he just cant face it. Which I understand. Especially with his mum, it was extremely traumatic and he blames himself. This new dr/oncologist sounds like he has his **** together and dh likes him (and dh doesnt like anyone especially doctors lol). He said this one explained things a lot better and in a way dh could understand. And its easier for him to have it done where he is because that's where he is most of the time anyway so he isn't having to take extra time off for travelling etc like he would if he was being seen here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    Oh gosh, you poor things. What an emotional roller coaster for you all. So what do they think it is then, if it's not cancer?
    The new dr thinks it may be a bruised lung but dh hasnt played any contact sport or been hit in the chest or anything (the dr was asking him all these questions to rule out causes for it). So we will just have to wait and see I guess.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWarrior For This Useful Post:

Full House  (15-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That is a serious case of negligence, if it comes back that they have not only misread the scan but mixed up biopsy results that is surely a case to sue or have the doctor investigated. Dr Patel springs to mind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Patience Belmont View Post
    That is a serious case of negligence, if it comes back that they have not only misread the scan but mixed up biopsy results that is surely a case to sue or have the doctor investigated. Dr Patel springs to mind.
    Totally agree. And from what dh said last night he will be looking into action. The new dr said it may be hard to prove negligence as the original dr could argue he did what he thought was right (he went into more detail with dh about it, I just got told basics), but at the very least if there has been a mix a up in the biopsy results, to me thats reason enough. Not only could dh have been told that he has cancer when he may not have, but one of those other 2 people may have been told they don't have cancer when in fact they do.

Im glad this new dr took over when he did- otherwise dh would have had the surgery yesterday when he may not need it!

Last edited by SheWarrior; 16-09-2014 at 07:12.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    dear lilmiss. I hope everything will soon settle back to normal routine for you all. will your dp have any other tests to make sure what the original problem was ?? I would also be concerned about the other patients who have been perhaps given a false result. I think this might happen way more often than ever gets reported. hugs, marie

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (16-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperGranny View Post
    dear lilmiss. I hope everything will soon settle back to normal routine for you all. will your dp have any other tests to make sure what the original problem was ?? I would also be concerned about the other patients who have been perhaps given a false result. I think this might happen way more often than ever gets reported. hugs, marie
    They are going back to the start and redoing all the xrays and PET scan (which he should have had to start with) and go from there. So he is starting the whole process all over again. Dh said as relieved as he is that it may not be cancer, he feels terrible that one of the other people may have been told they are clear when in fact they arent. But he also said any sympathy he had for them disappeared when he saw them both outside still smoking (he was a smoker too but has now quit).