+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My daughter did this from about 6 weeks - it was awful!

The thing that worked best for me was holding her in quite an upright position (so, her belly to mine, angled slightly) with my hand pressing a little on her back. I found this way, she brought up any little bubbles of air as she fed, and she didn't get as squirmy. It mightn't work if you have larger breasts though.

Hope you find something that helps...feeding problems can be SO frustrating

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (23-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks a lot ladies!

he's 7 weeks old now

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Probably the beginning of your first wonder week! They can be funny about eating during wonder weeks. Looking back, I think my 8 week one was similar. He'd act like he didn't want to eat so I would stop, then he want back on again. They don't know if they're Arthur or Martha during wonder weeks! DS also gets gassy during them so needs to be burped more and lots of *extra* farting!

ETA: also, just an FYI going off your tummy time thread, during wonder weeks their head/neck sometimes seems more 'floppy' than usual. Kind of like they're too tired to hold it up. So don't worry if you notice a change in his head control for a week or two.
    Last edited by HollyGolightly81; 23-08-2014 at 17:10.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyGolightly81 For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (23-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS (4wks) is doing this too - it's not too bad if he's had a big sleep and is really hungry with plenty if milk available. It's really bad when he's cluster feeding in the afternoons or at night. He squirms and bangs at my boob and pushes back. He comes on and off and doesn't latch on well. It's so frustrating! I think he must have had enough but then I try to settle him and he just wants to feed again. This goes on for a few hours before he finally falls asleep properly. I've just swaddled him and popped him on again and he's just comfort sucking and falling asleep.

It's difficult because I want him to feed as much as possible to encourage my supply and so that he gains more weight (he's a slow gainer so far and we even spent a few days in hospital due to his poor weight gain & some vomiting). But I don't know if it's worth persevering with a feed when he's mucking around so much!