+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    Wannabamumma - you sound like an optimist. I wish I could be more like you, but I'm a pessimist and I cope better when I don't expect anything good to happen. I just don't feel good about any of this right now, and I don't feel like I have good news to share. I probably shouldn't say this but on the day I started bleeding bright red blood I was actually willing if to get heavier just so this would be over (I'm sure I'll regret that if this baby is actually born). Then when it stopped I was scared to hope, scared to go to the toilet, to lift up DS etc. now bleeding again and I'm just so tired. Thanks for the advice ladies, I've tried the antibiotic thing but it didn't work, I don't drive so I think I might whisper to someone that I need a tampon and see if that helps. It's really good to have so many people here who understand.
    I guess I am a bit of an optimist. I think if I wasn't, I wouldn't ever want to be pregnant myself seeing the things I see at work. I'm so sorry you are going through this op. I feel my first post was taken the wrong way by some people just from the responses I read but I hope you know I wasn't trying to make you think telling everyone was the best thing to do. I just honestly feel pregnancy should be celebrated. You never know how long you might have with these little things growing inside of us so I personally prefer to stay positive and embrace the positivity from my family and friends if you know what I mean. I know it's not for everyone but it's just what I do. I've had a lot of loss in my life so staying positive is the only thing that has kept me out of a padded room
    Good luck with everything OP. I am thinking of you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wannaBamumma View Post
    I guess I am a bit of an optimist. I think if I wasn't, I wouldn't ever want to be pregnant myself seeing the things I see at work. I'm so sorry you are going through this op. I feel my first post was taken the wrong way by some people just from the responses I read but I hope you know I wasn't trying to make you think telling everyone was the best thing to do. I just honestly feel pregnancy should be celebrated. You never know how long you might have with these little things growing inside of us so I personally prefer to stay positive and embrace the positivity from my family and friends if you know what I mean. I know it's not for everyone but it's just what I do. I've had a lot of loss in my life so staying positive is the only thing that has kept me out of a padded room
    Good luck with everything OP. I am thinking of you.
    You do make a good point. After our first loss, I do share the news of subsequent early pregnancies with a few close friends. It is nice to celebrate, as you say, and they understood the stress of being in limbo and were lovely and supportive.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to clbj For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (02-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just big hugs, I had someone at work say 'you must be pregnant' when I didn't stay for drinks on more than one occasion..... First time I was still experiencing my miscarriage..... So just big hugs.... Have u had monitoring to check on things? Just hugs

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lilyloubelle For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (02-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansci0 View Post
    Do what I did. Walk around with the same glass of wine all night and pretend to sip at it. Then pass over to hubby to skull.... Worked a treat for me
    I did this, no one notices if you don't drink from the glass in your hand, they only notice when you decline a drink in the first place.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (02-09-2014),ScubaGal  (02-09-2014),Wise Enough  (02-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a hens night the other week and I worded the bartender up to give me lemonade in a champagne flute all night. He was awesome and he made sure I always had a 'drink' in my hand :-)

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ImpatientMummyToBe For This Useful Post:

curlybird  (08-09-2014),Sally1981  (02-09-2014),ScubaGal  (02-09-2014),SpecialK  (24-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I'd update this post. My little angel's heart stopped beating just over a week ago, coincidentally on the day I wrote this post. Cruelly, I started experiencing strong and new pregnancy symptoms after it died, which made me feel a bit confident for the first time. I'm glad I kept the news to myself and going through this reaffirms to me that no one should be forced, tricked or manipulated into revealing a pregnancy before they are ready. This is hard enough as it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no. I'm so sorry for your loss. I agree with you regarding keeping a pregnancy private in the early stages.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your angel.

Sent from my C6603 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry. :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Oh jeez I'm so sorry for your loss, I'm an idiot and read the first post and commented without reading to the end.

That's heartbreaking news. So very very sorry.