+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Bugaboo donkey vs Baby Jogger City Select. Help me pick!!

Have finally narrowed down to these two choices and now I'm really not sure which way to go. My concern with the donkey is the width and with the BJCS is the low seat height. I will have a newborn and 13 month old. Currently for my dd I have a bee (which I love) and really hope to find another pram that I love as much, especially as I have to fork out the money for a double. Any experiences with either - especially the donkey width (used as a duo)?? Thanks

addit: I like to go to cafés etc that can be quite small so the easier to manoeuvre also

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a city select and love it.

But in regards to going to cafés, when you have it in double mode it does have a large turning circle so you'll still have to be a bit clever about how you manoeuvre thru other tables .

Re the lower seat, my 4 yo and 6.5mth old quite happily fit in, whether the front seat is facing out wards or inwards they are more than comfty and I've never had my 4 or 2.5 yr old complain about the front seat.

I love it, it suit us perfectly and I have no regrets.

The denim blue colour that's out this year is gorgeous too!

I don't have a donkey so I don't have anything to compare it with

3. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Soon2be4  (22-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks does your 4 year old fit well under the hood? By seat height I mean from bum to shoulders as my friends tall 6 month old look close to touching the hood already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 4yo rarely sits in it, he's too old for it now and his little brothers need the pram more.

He's on the short side of things so he can fit, but barely. I think most kids would be too tall for it by 4 generally.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post:

Soon2be4  (22-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just bought the Donkey as I'm expecting my second in 7 weeks. The width of it in single mode with the basket is the same as the Cameleon. In double mode, it's obviously wider but doesn't seem too bad. I think with all double prams there are +s and -s.

The main feature I like is being able to go from a single to double and back again in 1 min. So if DD who is 2yrs decides she wants to walk, I can set it up as a single, avoiding having a big double with one side empty

The Bugaboos are so easy to steer and so light compared to other doubles - that's also what sold me. Have been using the Donkey as a single at the moment and even at 33 weeks, I can easily lift the frame in and out.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jessbaby For This Useful Post:

Soon2be4  (22-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Donkey!!! I sold mine because I thought oh I don't like this two prams later I have just bought a donkey again 😂

Fits everywhere!! (And I don't drive!)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Soon2be4  (22-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd go the Bugaboo anytime.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Soon2be4  (22-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1408700115.684685.jpgHubby loving the donk!!

Plus all the custom hoods etc!! My dd is 15 months and son 6 months next week. It's so easy push. What sort of car do you have as they fit in anything really even getZ!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to monnie24 For This Useful Post:

Soon2be4  (22-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone! Now I am quite keen on the donkey, I would love another bugaboo as the bee is just so great in quality and ease of use. Even hubby loves our bee and I think ill be less tempted to make good use of a pram that's heavy and bulky. We have a 4wd so space isn't a big issue luckily, just live in an old town with narrow shops/cafes doorways.

And plus that's good to know in single use is the same as the chameleon I've used that pram before also.