+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    First tree will be cherry then apricot. Major jealous

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

beebs  (06-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I've an apricot as well. I'll be honest, I liked the house when we saw it, but the thing that made me want to buy it was the two mature cherry trees, mature apricot and mature peach tree. I've since plants 3 crab apples and next I want to plant a proper apple and pear tree. I love fruit trees- they are great fun! And cheap snacks for the kids as well!

Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    First tree will be cherry then apricot. Major jealous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Christmas to all the farmers, including your furred and feathered family members

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clbj View Post
    Happy Christmas to all the farmers, including your furred and feathered family members
    Same from me. We finished harvest last Friday, machinery is all clean and back in the shed. Now we just need to clean 400t of barley.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! I get to join in!
    Atm I have something ridiculous like 25 tomato plants that I'm going to have to move. Where they are isn't enough sunlight. I got them off the Bunnings discount stand, so I don't mind too much if they don't survive.
    I've also got 5 pumpkin plants in big pots, they're Vining plants so I'm training them up around a trellis when they grow a bit bigger. Two Chilli plants, ten capsicum plants, two strawberry plants and a heap of herb plants. And one mandarin tree! I've got a few lettuce that I got cheap cause they're near to seeding, so looking forward to being able to collect all the seedy goodness for next year and I'm about to plant potato, carrots and peas. I only live on a little block in the suburbs and we up cycle heaps (and side cycle?). I'm excited about my peas - I'm growing them on a clothes airer instead of a trellis. Bring on after Christmas. Wee!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Same from me. We finished harvest last Friday, machinery is all clean and back in the shed. Now we just need to clean 400t of barley.
    How did the season finish? That's great that harvest is out of the way in time for Christmas, although no doubt you would have preferred more grain to get off. Are you going to be able to have some more family time with your partner now harvest is over ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennaisme View Post
    Yay! I get to join in!
    Atm I have something ridiculous like 25 tomato plants that I'm going to have to move. Where they are isn't enough sunlight. I got them off the Bunnings discount stand, so I don't mind too much if they don't survive.
    I've also got 5 pumpkin plants in big pots, they're Vining plants so I'm training them up around a trellis when they grow a bit bigger. Two Chilli plants, ten capsicum plants, two strawberry plants and a heap of herb plants. And one mandarin tree! I've got a few lettuce that I got cheap cause they're near to seeding, so looking forward to being able to collect all the seedy goodness for next year and I'm about to plant potato, carrots and peas. I only live on a little block in the suburbs and we up cycle heaps (and side cycle?). I'm excited about my peas - I'm growing them on a clothes airer instead of a trellis. Bring on after Christmas. Wee!
    Busy busy! Good luck for the big tomato transfer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Busy busy! Good luck for the big tomato transfer!
    lol. Tbh, it's not as dramatic as it sounds. I never put plants from the discount bench straight into the ground just in case there's something wrong with it and so I can make sure they're all getting enough sunlight/water/fertilizing bits when they've been so mistreated. =( so I just have to move pots really. But still. Exciting! I might do that tonight actually. Mmm..

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jennaisme For This Useful Post:

clbj  (29-12-2014),lilypily  (24-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did the season finish? That's great that harvest is out of the way in time for Christmas, although no doubt you would have preferred more grain to get off. Are you going to be able to have some more family time with your partner now harvest is over ?
    Wasn't fantastic. The wheat looks good but didn't yield well becUse it got frosted. On the upside what we got was good quality, we didn't have any major breakdowns and prices are good.

Dh is still busy but we're going for a short holiday in feb.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    Wasn't fantastic. The wheat looks good but didn't yield well becUse it got frosted. On the upside what we got was good quality, we didn't have any major breakdowns and prices are good.

Dh is still busy but we're going for a short holiday in feb.
    Hopefully 2015 brings a great holiday and a better growing season