+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I sprinkle them around each seedling but as long as they form a boundary around I assume it would work. Snails don't like going over rough surface. Old used sand paper works too. My DH is a tradie so I put this on my garden edges.

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Perfect thanks!! We have a rock path around all the beds, but the slippery little suckers find a way in there!!!

Oh actually... around the outside edge there aren't any rocks!! That's going to be my job for next week!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I can hopefully join this thread! DP and I are hoping to sell my house and have our eye on properties with 40-80 acres. We might run a few cattle or DP is looking at buying 3 month old steers/cows to fatten up and sell off. We'll also have chooks and I'm going to get a kelpie puppy And of course we will grow our own veggies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I can hopefully join this thread! DP and I are hoping to sell my house and have our eye on properties with 40-80 acres. We might run a few cattle or DP is looking at buying 3 month old steers/cows to fatten up and sell off. We'll also have chooks and I'm going to get a kelpie puppy And of course we will grow our own veggies.
    Exciting... What part of oz are you looking at buying? You don't have to day just being nosey as to where we all have a slice of land.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Exciting... What part of oz are you looking at buying? You don't have to day just being nosey as to where we all have a slice of land.
    Nah that's ok, I'm happy to give a rough idea. We currently live in Melbourne's eastern suburbs and are looking in Gippsland within 60-90 minutes drive. We've actually narrowed the search down to one property but have a second choice backup too. Sooo excited.

It's weird to think that 2 years ago I didn't know DP existed, and now we're buying a house together and talking about growing old together. I'm so happy <3

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Same area as me ish... I'm outside of Bacchus marsh.

How exciting setting up a little farm with your DH.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah that's not too far away

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd love to join this thread if I may?

1 day I'd love to own some land and have a big sustainable garden and cute farm animals to love and adore but for now I have my backyard veggie garden which I've been back at it this season and actually having success!

I'll come back and read old posts later tonight as I've already gotten tips ie; coffee grounds around seedlings... And I'm sure I'll find more !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Absolutely! Join in! Even though we're on acreage, I'm only focused on a veggie patch too at the moment. Great to have you along. What do you have growing?

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

almai is offline "you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have."
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay thanks!
    At the moment I have, grapes, passionfruit, snow peas, spring onion (just reseeded), cherry tomatoes, beetroot, rocket, rock melon, basil, thyme, parsley and wheat grass.
    I've also got watermelon, lemon balm, mint, silver beet, potatoes and eggplant but they haven't sprouted yet.
    I also have an avocado tree. my lemon tree died and my dog dug up my lime tree which also died

My grapes and passion fruit vines have been in for about 6 months and have only just doubled in size. They keep getting eaten my caterpillars
    We always pick them off and yesterday I made a molasses bug spray so hope that helps... Trying to water them heaps too to get them going!
    Last edited by almai; 08-11-2014 at 12:06.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to almai For This Useful Post:

TheTimeHasCome  (08-11-2014)