+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdro View Post
    At the risk of being repetitive, property managers are often completely hopeless compared to dealing with the landlord directly. I'm a landlord and have recently sacked my managers after finding that one of our tenants weren't able to use their bathroom for 4 months and nobody ever told me!

As landlords, we have to pay the property manager a percentage of your rent (normally around 7%) so if the PM isn't doing their job, it really is helpful if the tenant lets us know. Otherwise we're paying for nothing and we never find out!
    I wish there was more landlords that want to be in contact with their tenants!
    I thought that if you rented trough an agency as opposed to private renting, that it breeches the lease :/ Any who, it'd be helpful, because from both sides who knows what communication is getting through? My parents own an investment property and they've gone through a couple of PM's who were hopeless, rude & liars
    That said, as a renter I've had no issues with PM following up on things.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's true, some landlords don't want direct contact, but you never know unless you try. I can understand where you're coming from - I think lots of renters feel uncomfortable contacting landlords directly, but we're just people who (mostly) want tenants to be happy so that they don't move out. As long as you state the problem nicely, and don't assume they know about it.

Oh, and contacting the landlord directly is most definitely not a breach of your lease agreement. Technically, the agreement is actually between you and the landlord, not you and the PM.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do. Fingers crossed for some hot water coming your way!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Cdro For This Useful Post:

Pusheen The Cat  (23-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We had one PM who insisted on using a plumber that never showed up. Never returned calls. Would just say whatever and not come for appointments. Did it to my inlaws too. A real idiot. It came to the point where the PM actually came to the appointment with the plumber to make sure he turned up! I mean come on! The landlord only found out later on it took 4 months to fix the heater. We reckon it was his friend giving him business.

Sorry Monnie no advice but I don't see how no hot water is legal? And broken oven!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ProudMumma34 For This Useful Post:

Pusheen The Cat  (23-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    And it seems like you have a dodgy pm. They would know it's not legal what they are doing and advise them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi girls just update I put a form 11 in breach lease or something then they sent someone out and still not resolved. So now we have move (lucky our tax came in so we secured a house but we are in limbo for 3 days with furniture and a dog and two kids?!) the agent was so rude!!! Said I don't think you will get anywhere I just ok. (Acted dumb). Whatever! Take me to tribunal I don't care!

Our oven is broken. And I can't even cook in it etc.

I got the number of the owner and spoke to him briefly he said he will call them and then call me back so I will see what happens because (hello if you fixed it within 7days it wouldn't be the case!) on top of hot water etc).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope it works out