+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I love all these conspiracy theories and the idea that public servants are 'covering' something up.

Really??? I've worked for the government, any covering up would be a pure accident. Not that I didn't work with some great people, but to suggest that it would be possible to cover up something as large as this really shows a complete lack of understanding of how governments and the public service operates.

I have also never understood who benefits from the cover up? In Australia (not sure about the US), the vaccines are available on the PBS. No middle men are getting paid anything to give or not give the vaccines.

Sure there is a lot of money spent on research for vaccines, but there is equally a lot of money spent on research for cancer treatment, heart disease and hundreds of other diseases - but fraud and cover up is only pointed at vaccines? What am I missing?

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to DJ Nette For This Useful Post:

beebs  (27-08-2014),Jakois  (27-08-2014),littlelove  (27-08-2014),MsViking  (26-08-2014),peanutmonkey  (27-08-2014),PomPoms  (26-08-2014),Pusheen The Cat  (26-08-2014),snowqu33n  (26-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootenanny View Post
    This story has been circulating for a week now, I would think if there were totally no truth to the claim then CDC and/or William Thompson would have issued a media release refuting the claims. It is very unusual for them to remain silent.
    If it is true it is a shame that the opportunity to discover more was hampered. We really need unbiased and trustworthy sources, but it all seems to be either/or as far as vaccines go.
    The story hasn't exactly been front page news though or had any real in depth, not with any of the big news networks. (A google search came up with mostly conspiracy sites, alternative medicine sites, pseudoscience sites and a handful of science discussion sites.)

Maybe they've not yet commented because they're investigating the claims. In this age of gut reaction and immediate news, it's better to be prepared and correct the first time around than it is to make a hasty announcement without all the facts.

Or they don't think it's worth addressing a budding conspiracy theory at all?
    Last edited by snowqu33n; 26-08-2014 at 22:05.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to snowqu33n For This Useful Post:

beebs  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    Sure there is a lot of money spent on research for vaccines, but there is equally a lot of money spent on research for cancer treatment, heart disease and hundreds of other diseases - but fraud and cover up is only pointed at vaccines? What am I missing?
    Not long ago, I read a conspiracy theory about how they have found a cure for cancer but have kept it quiet because more money can be made by treating people

ETA and because the supposed curing drug can't be patented so no one wants to produce it
    Last edited by atomicmama; 26-08-2014 at 22:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nette View Post
    I love all these conspiracy theories and the idea that public servants are 'covering' something up.

Really??? I've worked for the government, any covering up would be a pure accident. Not that I didn't work with some great people, but to suggest that it would be possible to cover up something as large as this really shows a complete lack of understanding of how governments and the public service operates.

I have also never understood who benefits from the cover up? In Australia (not sure about the US), the vaccines are available on the PBS. No middle men are getting paid anything to give or not give the vaccines.

What I find hard to believe is that people can think that our government can actually keep a secret for more than five seconds, let alone effectively perpetuate a criminal conspiracy (bent on injuring future voters and tax payers) for decades.

Dude, our government can't even reach a consensus on the state of our economy (Is it good? Is it bad? Do we need to ring up MyBudget?) or agree on whether or not climate change exists. Conspiracy against the Australian people? I don't think so.

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to snowqu33n For This Useful Post:

Allymumtobe  (26-08-2014),beebs  (27-08-2014),DJ Nette  (26-08-2014),VicPark  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Maybe the CDC doesn't want to fuel the fire so speak? If they are dealing with anti vaccine movement - then why would they respond? Nothing they can say will make it better - we are basically talking about a whole movement that completely denies vaccine science (but not any other science:roll eyes and yet now the anti vaxx movement are taking them not saying anything as a sign of guilt?

I don't think so. I've realised, there is just no arguing with those types - maybe the CDC has realised that too?

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (27-08-2014),MsViking  (28-08-2014),snowqu33n  (27-08-2014)

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I like how at the top of the page they're trying to sell you subscriptions to their website. Seems legit.
    Last edited by tazz475; 27-08-2014 at 16:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I'm not - I think two things about groups like these and articles like these;
    a) Autism is not worse than dying or being maimed, as anti vax groups seem to like to imply. They imply in fact that autism is pretty much the very worst thing that can ever happen to a person. And that just isn't the case at all.

b) It makes me think they are so ignorant, they have just no idea about anything...vaccines, autism, vaccine preventable diseases and the complications that can arise etc.
    *applause*

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexis243 For This Useful Post:

beebs  (27-08-2014),MummaCat  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Came to post this link but I see my work is done

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

beebs  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Atropos View Post
    Came to post this link but I see my work is done
    Love this link as an anti vaxx friend just posted the article and I could post this back

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews