+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    The article is on a dodgy website and has absolutely no proof, it is said that an "anonymous whistleblower" is giving them information. And that doesn't worry you? Or at least make you question the authenticity of it?
    I did not say I supported or believed the article

I posted in the debate section because I thought it might generate some debate, the title is certainly catchy.

The journal article quoted seems real

http://www.translationalneurodegener.../1/16/abstract

Although that is not my field of expertise so I don't know if it is a legit resource.

re. naming the whistle blower....are there not protections for whistle blowers?
    Last edited by NoteToSelf; 21-08-2014 at 19:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    So many problems with the substance and credibility of the article.

I wonder if people who have children with autism are offended by the articles claiming their children have autism because they vaccinated?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Best Things For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (26-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did see an article on FB the other day along the lines of `don't use my child as an excuse not to vaccinate yours' or similar.

Do you mean a problem with the journal article or the internet article itself?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (26-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I didn't think you did at first, it was just the way you replied to a pp that I thought maybe you believed the article. Even if it was a whistle blower who was anonymous - I would place more weight on it if it weren't on such a biased website with an agenda. Any website at all really - expect vocal anti vax ones!

Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    I did not say I supported or believed the article

I posted in the debate section because I thought it might generate some debate, the title is certainly catchy.

The journal article quoted seems real

http://www.translationalneurodegener.../1/16/abstract

Although that is not my field of expertise so I don't know if it is a legit resource.

re. naming the whistle blower....are there not protections for whistle blowers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Best Things View Post
    I wonder if people who have children with autism are offended by the articles claiming their children have autism because they vaccinated?
    I'm not - I think two things about groups like these and articles like these;
    a) Autism is not worse than dying or being maimed, as anti vax groups seem to like to imply. They imply in fact that autism is pretty much the very worst thing that can ever happen to a person. And that just isn't the case at all.

b) It makes me think they are so ignorant, they have just no idea about anything...vaccines, autism, vaccine preventable diseases and the complications that can arise etc.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (27-08-2014),HollyGolightly81  (21-08-2014),NoteToSelf  (22-08-2014),peanutmonkey  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I'm not - I think two things about groups like these and articles like these;
    a) Autism is not worse than dying or being maimed, as anti vax groups seem to like to imply. They imply in fact that autism is pretty much the very worst thing that can ever happen to a person. And that just isn't the case at all.

b) It makes me think they are so ignorant, they have just no idea about anything...vaccines, autism, vaccine preventable diseases and the complications that can arise etc.
    Thanks for sharing beebs. I appreciate your honesty. I believe the same things as you. My little cousins have autism and I couldn't love them more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by NoteToSelf View Post
    A FB page I follow posted this.............

http://www.greenmedinfo.com/blog/bre...ne-autism-link

Thoughts?
    Took one look at the URL and made the assessment it's a load of biased crap. Greenmedinfo.com...... Faaaaark

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

beebs  (22-08-2014),snowqu33n  (26-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

13. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (26-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

15. The Following User Says Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Atropos  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    This story has been circulating for a week now, I would think if there were totally no truth to the claim then CDC and/or William Thompson would have issued a media release refuting the claims. It is very unusual for them to remain silent.
    If it is true it is a shame that the opportunity to discover more was hampered. We really need unbiased and trustworthy sources, but it all seems to be either/or as far as vaccines go.