+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Best health fund for genea

Thinking about changing clinics to genea if the current clinic I'm with has no success I know I need to wait the 12mnths so will join a health fund now does anyone know which health fund covers the most for genea??

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13
    4rounds of clomid with BFN
    5th cycle of clomid chemical pregnancy

Started IVF jan 2014

1st IVF Jan 2014: @WFC antagonist cycle started, cancelled day 9 due to over stimulation, 60+ follicles.

2ND IVF March 2014: Next generation fertility ,Antagonist cycle, chemical pregnancy!!!!!

*DIAGNOSED WITH HIGH UTERINE NK CELLS

3rd: 1st FET May2014, started intralipids for the first time due to high NK cells in the uterus BFN

4th IVF JUNE 2014 antagonost protocol, BFP, CHEMICAL PREG

5th IVF AUGUST 2014, changed protocol to long protocol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by miissalina View Post
    Thinking about changing clinics to genea if the current clinic I'm with has no success I know I need to wait the 12mnths so will join a health fund now does anyone know which health fund covers the most for genea??

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13

Started IVF jan 2014

1st IVF Jan 2014: @WFC antagonist cycle started, cancelled day 9 due to over stimulation, 60+ follicles.

2ND IVF March 2014: Next generation fertility ,Antagonist cycle, chemical pregnancy!!!!!

3rd: 1st FET May2014, started intralipids for the first time due to high NK cells in the uterus BFN

hi @miissalina I don't know much about health funds I'm sorry.

Just to say you might want to give RPA a shot in the meanwhile if you have to wait a year. They use Genea doctors and lab, it's just done through the public hospital. The service isn't as schmick and personal but it's heaps cheaper. (Genea 5K per cycle out of pocket, RPA $1500)

Just an idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley thanks for the tip 😊 I looked into RPA but it may be abit far for me to travel for tests ect they have a genea clinic close to me, actually maybe you would no … do they use one clinic for genea and transport all embryos ect to this one clinic or does each genea clinic have it's own lab?

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13

Started IVF jan 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ah sorry, I forgot, I think I recall you saying that now. I honestly don't know if it's all one lab or different ones on different sites.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

miissalina  (21-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used genea 3 yrs ago and we're with bupa. I think out of pocket was about $5k. But bupa changed their policy thus year & you have to be on one of their top covers to have ivf included.

Sent from my XT905 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to apolly For This Useful Post:

miissalina  (21-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @apolly I called bupa and they said I would need to get the exact item numbers that genea use for them to tell me exactly how much genea has said there suggested ones offer the best there's a heap of ones I've never heard of so I think I'll just stick with the two I know HCF and NIB can't believe how expensive it is now a lot more than I was quoted a few years ago

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13

Started IVF jan 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by miissalina View Post

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13

Started IVF jan 2014

I'm with HCF and Genea, HCF has no gap on the day surgery costs, which means the cycle costs are as quoted on the Genea website.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ScubaGal thanks Hun, do u get anything back from HCF for the ivf cycle costs?

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13

Started IVF jan 2014

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    @miissalina i do get money back and it works out to be exactly what is quoted on the genea website for out of pocket costs. An ICSI cycle costs $9~ and after the rebate the out of pocket is $3810 plus cost of anaesthetist for EPU.

I think if you're choosing clinics the most important things are convenience for you, affordability, quality and success rates and above all that you trust your FS. As a customer I think you should feel comfortable asking to find out about a few drs to decide who you like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ScubaGal thank you 😊 I love my FS but after 4failed transfer 2 of which ended in chemical pregnancy I'm starting to think that maybe I should change clinics I'm just confused really trying to find answers I joined phi today so even if we stay for 12 months and when the waiting period is up then change I got geneas price list but I'm abit confused it says $1800 for EPU and ET does this mean in a full stim cycle I would pay the $1800 twice once upon EPU and then again at ET??

Me 26, DH 30
    TTC 4yrs
    Mild pco
    Mild endo
    Lap done 9/13

Started IVF jan 2014