+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Subbing - I'm very very very interested in getting one.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle  (21-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nay for me. I found it gives food a processed taste - maybe because everything is so uniformly chopped?

In saying that, I was mainly looking at the tmx for cooking dinner - as a "helper" in the kitchen (making mash for the shepherds pie you've cooked on the stove) or for making sauces like hollandaise or whipping up a cake batter it's terrific. Not sure I can justify the price for that though!

I'm also not a fan of of the plastic lid or varoma - don't like the idea of plastic heating to such high temperatures day after day into my food...

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to grumpybump For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (22-08-2014),oozzle  (21-08-2014),PinkPopsicle  (21-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing! There are so many ideas that I can use with my ... wait for it ... Kenwood that also cooks! I find it a much better machine for our family - obviously each to their own but the quantities and different attachments available for the Kenwood I find superior. Cost is about the same.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've also got a "poor womans version" - and so glad I have as it turns out I would not get my $2000 worth from a thermomix. I like to to cook and I found that food cooked in the thermocooker had a mushy basic taste I didn't like at all. I don't even use it as a food processor - it pulverises everything. I like my bologanise sauce with finely chopped vege (I'm a good chopper!) So I'm back to the stove, but I do use it for sauces - like white sauce, emulsion sauces, gravy - and it is brilliant for that and those things can make a meal special, but I'm glad I got the cheaper version.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to beancounter For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    Subbing! There are so many ideas that I can use with my ... wait for it ... Kenwood that also cooks! I find it a much better machine for our family - obviously each to their own but the quantities and different attachments available for the Kenwood I find superior. Cost is about the same.
    What is this Kenwood? I feel a little guilty as ive got an awesome kenwood food processor and blender with attachments. ..

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.kenwoodworld.com/en-au/pr...hef-0wkm080005

I love the sausage maker, mincer, choppers of every kind. Makes the best mashed potato. I grew up with Kenwoods, they're very English! My next addition is the ice cream maker. Too many options!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

PinkPopsicle  (22-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love my thermomix ... I make nearly everything from scratch now

I have a few of my dishes that I still do old school but all mixing, chopping, blending, kneading is done in thermomix

Soups, stock, mash potato, steaming, jams, beef stroganoff, bread, pizza bases, .... The list goes on is now done in my thermomix

I cut down my food bill and much healthy way I cook now

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to superbuns For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hulahoop View Post
    http://www.kenwoodworld.com/en-au/pr...hef-0wkm080005

I love the sausage maker, mincer, choppers of every kind. Makes the best mashed potato. I grew up with Kenwoods, they're very English! My next addition is the ice cream maker. Too many options!
    I'm so excited to see this product! I've been looking into getting a Kenwood planetary mixer anyhow. I already have a Kenwood food processor/blender though, plus a slow juicer with mince/sausage attachment. The main reason I'd get a TMX or copy is to do sauces/custards. I also had to get rid of my bread maker when we moved, so this looks like it would make great dough. It ticks so many boxes!

Might take me a bit longer to save for this one though!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep it's not cheap, but the same cost as a Thermo (and much quieter too). Check any attachments that you may have and whether they will fit on a new machine. Unfortunately mine didn't but depending on the age of your current attachments they might fit. I can't fault it. Bread dough and pizza bases are so easy (as is coleslaw, cheesecakes, and my new favourite with the mincer is prawn and fish spring rolls...)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Hulahoop For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by grumpybump View Post
    Nay for me. I found it gives food a processed taste - maybe because everything is so uniformly chopped?

In saying that, I was mainly looking at the tmx for cooking dinner - as a "helper" in the kitchen (making mash for the shepherds pie you've cooked on the stove) or for making sauces like hollandaise or whipping up a cake batter it's terrific. Not sure I can justify the price for that though!

I'm also not a fan of of the plastic lid or varoma - don't like the idea of plastic heating to such high temperatures day after day into my food...
    The plastic is a BPA free and safe- it is designed to be used this way (just for anyone wondering)

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Pumpkin1106  (22-08-2014),RastaMouse  (22-08-2014),Tamtam  (22-08-2014)