+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulK View Post
    Yep...

I wonder then can CC centres advise parents of vaxxed kids whether there are any unvaxxed kids that go to the centre??
    Legally no. I asked when enrolling my daughter. And some places sort of indicated and others out rightly would tell me they wouldn't tell me!
    I found it so frustrating as it was so vital for my daughter. We did some in home care to start with for her. At 16 months she went into daycare a few days a week. .. And was behind with her needles.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (21-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Legally no. I asked when enrolling my daughter. And some places sort of indicated and others out rightly would tell me they wouldn't tell me!
    I found it so frustrating as it was so vital for my daughter. We did some in home care to start with for her. At 16 months she went into daycare a few days a week. .. And was behind with her needles.

That would have been frustrating!
    I can understand why they wouldn't tell every parent that asked, but I would imagine the chance of health risk to your dd would be one of the main factors in choosing care?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    That would have been frustrating!
    I can understand why they wouldn't tell every parent that asked, but I would imagine the chance of health risk to your dd would be one of the main factors in choosing care?
    Very hard. The daycare she's in said 'I can only tell you that most of our children are vaxxed'. And that they would immediate tell me of any risk. But as you know often the risk is exposure to a vpd before anyone diagnoses.
    Incidentally I also take her to an early intervention unit for kids with special needs. I went once and another mum told me her sons (both come with an autism diagnosis) are not vaxxed. So I didn't return to the group until my DD had at least the first round of mmr. I found this so frustrating as there are other children there with compromised immunity like my DD and the exposure to the possibility of a vpd just makes me mad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    This is when I'd like to hear from a non vaxxer. And I don't mean to have a pitch battle.

I would genuinely like to know how a non vaxxer reacts to this sort of thing. It would scare the cr@p out of me.
    Some selective vaxxers on bh have said they would vaccinate in circumstances like this, whereas the non vaxxers that I know IRL don't believe that Measles is that bad... but they are the tin foil kind. I, too, would like to hear from a non vaxxer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    Some selective vaxxers on bh have said they would vaccinate in circumstances like this, whereas the non vaxxers that I know IRL don't believe that Measles is that bad... but they are the tin foil kind. I, too, would like to hear from a non vaxxer.
    Me too. Especially if any live near this outbreak and have changed your mind. Funnily enough they all jump on other vax threads but nowhere to be seen here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 100% against co for immunisation. It's bull$hit.

You co for immunisation you should take on a whole new set of responsibilities - home schooling etc.. Seriously who the hell do people think they are

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

HollyGolightly81  (21-08-2014),VicPark  (21-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    I am 100% against co for immunisation. It's bull$hit.

You co for immunisation you should take on a whole new set of responsibilities - home schooling etc.. Seriously who the hell do people think they are
    At the very least the "Conscientious" part should be removed...because let's face it, it is the polar opposite of that.

But yes..."bull$hit" describes it well.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

Gentoo  (21-08-2014),Tamtam  (21-08-2014),VicPark  (21-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by J37 View Post
    At the very least the "Conscientious" part should be removed...because let's face it, it is the polar opposite of that.

But yes..."bull$hit" describes it well.

Sent from my GT-N7000B using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Yes yes exactly - it's just objection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Yes. As long as the parents sign a CO form that they understand the risks. This is the bit that scares me.
    What a stupid rule. It should be the parents of the younger babies or medically unable to be vaxxed kids that need to sign a form to allow an un vaxxed kid by choice.
    This angers me so much! How can it be a choice in this country to put the wider community at risk but forbidden to smoke in your own car and only put your own child at risk of second hand smoke?!
    Double standard much...

I will start campaigning my local MP.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Ra Ra Superstar  (21-08-2014),VicPark  (21-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Except there are still pockets that fall well below that. And when there are pockets well below the rate - then we are all at risk of outbreaks. Bellingen has a vaccination rate of 47%, the inner west and Randwick in Sydney are at 80% and there are plenty more.

Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Vax rates have gone up though - I think it's around 92-93% , a lot higher now than it was 5-10 years ago