+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I go every two - three months and always love it when I leave. I need to make an appointment actually, need a bit of a boost!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm a hairdresser, have been for 8 years now I do my own hair (dye) and I still hate it for around a week or so, even though I've just given myself exactly what I wanted. It just takes a while for the staining to leave the scalp and feel/look more natural, I find when it fades that little bit it looks more natural and suits my skin tone better, but if I use a shade lighter when I first do my hair I'm hating it a week later once it's faded lighter... I use semi and it makes my hair TOO soft for a good 14 days, it's so hard to style and goes really fluffy after a blow dry.

I've taught my husband how to do haircuts, figured if I can train the apprentices at work, why not DH? It's super handy he is great and the only person I now trust to touch my hair with a pair of scissors, he's been cutting my hair, and occasionally dd's and my mums for 3 years now and It's always perfect.
    I find it takes me about a week for the cut to start working for me though.
    My hair is like jeans! Takes a few wears after a good wash to get it all comfy and back to normal.

As for your hairdresser trying to get you to come in sooner, just be honest with her.
    Putting any color over previously bleached hair means it will fade and fade quickly (sometimes it can fade green) it's common to have to re apply over the following weeks a few times for the color to stick, she might be worried about how you are finding it once it fades out, as a hairdresser I always worry about clients I've done color corrections on for a good month and will call to check how it's going, not to get more money but purely because I do stress about how it will fade out.
    Some people really do prefer it when their color fades though so just keep that communication open on what YOU want and tell her the truth on regards to her pushing for you to book sooner rather than later

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellewood View Post
    I feel like my hairdresser fits clients in to her schedule so she can manage her money, rather than listening to her clients needs and providing a service around that. Plus I feel like I should love my hair straight away without having to wait for it to 'settle down'. It seems normal for people to have to go in every 5 weeks judging from friends comments....

I don't know.
    Just read this, when you leave you should feel great.
    I said in my pervious post I hate it when I first color my hair, but not to the point that I feel awful! It's just about a week after I really think "geez I love this color!" My hair is very porous too so it dose hold onto the depth of the color first and I find a week after the reflects come out more once my porous hair has let go of some of the depth, that's only because my hair is slightly damaged from all the styling I do to it.
    You shouldn't feel like your being shoved into a seat, your requests ignored, your money taken and your not happy
    That's not what going to a hairdresser should be about.
    Being a hairdresser is really about the passion of doing hair! There is hardly any money (for the stylists) to be made (wage is pretty bad) it's all about the love of doing hair, I would rather look after my clients and make my clients happy than the money!
    I think it might be time to find another hairdresser.
    You should feel great when you leave, fantastic over the next 2 months and horrible around the 8-12 week mark when it needs re-doing again and regrowth takes over

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    What Liddybugs said is true about the colour...and it makes sense to put a semi on if you've had it bleached for ages....your hair is damaged and a semi is kinder to your hair so you would want to be avoiding a chemical cut. But at the very least your hairdresser should be communicating with you better.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I usually love my hair straight away after getting it done but this last time I haven't been a fan. As for getting it done every 4 weeks that seems far to often. My hairdresser says no sooner then 6 weeks and no later then 10 unless of course your hair grows out really slow. I would just tell your hairdresser straight out that you can't afford to keep coming every 4 weeks so want to start pushing it out to 6 weekly, if your hair still looks good after the 6 weeks then the next time push to 8 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No the opposite! I love it when leaving the hairdressers and wish it would stay that way. I can't seem to style it like the hair dresser does

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always hate mine for the first week, the colour is too darkish till it's been washed a few times. Also another here that is not a fan of hairdresser blow outs, I have loads of fine hair and they always straighten it till it looks really thin and then throw in heaps of oil AND ( sorry this has turned into a rant) they blow dry my fringe wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! Always too dark the hairdresser says if I choose a lighter colour it won't go lighter unless I strip the colour out. Then why is it when I use a lighter packet colour it goes lighter?
    Last edited by Rachael3; 20-08-2014 at 22:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The whole point of balayage is it lasts longer. I get mine done every 12 weeks and even then, it's done freehand to keep the faded look... So $150 is over the top. I get charged $120 for freehand ($180 when needs foils).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been feeling really annoyed all afternoon about this! I loved my hair colour before I went in and now it's so dark on top even though she said she'd match the lighter shade! She did it way darker than last time. And I'm $150 poorer. Grrrrr I don't think I can go back. I've been getting annoyed at her more and more as time goes on. I'm going to let this colour fade to a nice shade and then leave it - my regrowth is practically the same colour,mothered was no need for me to go in today, which I told her.... We've become pretty close but I think it's the end now :/