+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you hate your hair when you leave the hairdressers?

I love my hairdresser but I have a few issues.....

First, i hate my hair for the first week or so after I leave, BUT I love it once it 'settles' (the colour) iykwim? And everyone always says my hair looks fab.

I stopped having it blonded a month ago as I was reacting to the bleach plus it went way too blonde in the end. So she did a balayage, but only used a semi-perm colour so I'd have to go back in 4 weeks. It faded but looked awesome! Still, she got me in so I said can she keep the same tone/colour and she said yes for sure as she agreed it looked great a bit lighter.

She he did it really dark! So now I have a full-on dark brown balayage - hate it, now have to wait for it to fade again..... She booked me in for 4 weeks again though and always charges me the same amount $150.

Im really not sure about (and I really can't afford to) having to get my hair done every 4-5 weeks!! She always texts me to remind me about my appointments and I usually say 'actually it's looking good I might stretch it out a couple more weeks' and she talks me into keeping the originally booked week (she's going away for a month etc etc).

I do understand they work as a business (she's self-employed but works for a salon if that makes sense - doesn't use eft either), but I thought the whole idea of balayage meant less frequent visits (every 2-3 months?)

she he is a lovely girl and I've been going to her for 3 years.

Is it normal to not like your hair for 1-2 weeks after having it done and to have to have it done that often??

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't like the way my hair gets blow dried...but generally always like the colour and cut straight away. My hairdresser knows I can't afford to go regularly so has worked with me to get a colour to try and hide the regrowth. I have been to my hairdresser twice this year....I must suck as a client! I used to go every 5 weeks but it's just not doable right now for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hair is awful for at least a week after getting it done. I have curly hair and all the brushing with the cut / colour gives me a mega fro.

4-5 weeks is very regular! I can understand that for some short styles but it sounds like yours is long. I only go about 3 times a year as my hair doesn't grow that fast.
    Last edited by RastaMouse; 20-08-2014 at 18:09.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RastaMouse For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel like my hairdresser fits clients in to her schedule so she can manage her money, rather than listening to her clients needs and providing a service around that. Plus I feel like I should love my hair straight away without having to wait for it to 'settle down'. It seems normal for people to have to go in every 5 weeks judging from friends comments....

I don't know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellewood View Post
    I feel like my hairdresser fits clients in to her schedule so she can manage her money, rather than listening to her clients needs and providing a service around that. Plus I feel like I should love my hair straight away without having to wait for it to 'settle down'. It seems normal for people to have to go in every 5 weeks judging from friends comments....

I don't know.
    Have you loved your hair straight away with other hairdressers? My issues are more to do with my hair rather than the hairdresser.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Yeah. I hate my hair for a good two weeks after visiting the hair dresser but I usually get compliments. Maybe it's just 'settling' and getting used to it? Or learning how to style it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No to both. If anything, it should be the opposite! You should walk out feeling like a million dollars, then in about 6 weeks be thinking "maybe I'll get my colour topped up again" and with balayage - I wouldn't be getting it done any more frequently than every 2-3 months.

She needs to learn to dye your hair to a colour that you like in the first place, then give you tips on how to look after it so it doesn't fade too quickly from there.

The only exception that I would feel you'd need to get your hair done every 4 weeks (for colour) would be if your hair is dyed an extreme difference to your natural hair and your roots grow quickly. The only time I've had to dye my hair very frequently is when I used to have it vivid cherry red.

I've had my hair all sorts of different colours including blonde, brunette and balayage and I would be super annoyed if I didn't like my colour when I walked out of the salon after paying all that money. Even when you have a brunette colour done they shouldn't be doing it way too dark and then waiting for it to fade to look good. Especially if they're telling you to come back in such a short time. If that's the case, you might as well use a packet colour from the chemist and pay $20 for it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (20-08-2014)

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Oh geez I go to the hairdresser like once every 8 months or so!
    Do I like my hair as soon as I leave? Yes. They straighten it for me, and a cut and colour always settles down my frizz.

It's about 2 months later that it looks awful again. I just don't have the money to go so regularly though!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I walk out of the salon feeling fabulous! I go to the same salon but last time one of the girls didn't do a satisfactory job so I changed to another girl and she did a great job.

My hair grows slowly so I usually stretch it out to at least 8 weeks. I would find it very unprofessional being called by my salon 'reminding' me of my appointment and trying to talk me out of stretching it out! Now I'm pg I plan to drag it out to 3 months as I'm very blonde and it fries your hair when you are pg. My girl agreed.

You are paying for a service. She should have perm dyed the brown, not use a semi perm Sounds like she is milking you. You should feel like a million bucks after parting with so much cash. Time to change salons

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (20-08-2014),HillDweller  (20-08-2014),MonsterMummy  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    No! You should walk out feeling amazing And every 4 wks is a bit short a time surely?
    I've never been told anything less than 6wks & my hairdressers have always advised on products to help extend the colour.
    Only had one girl got it wrong (I didn't mind the colour, but it really wasn't what I wanted so I went elsewhere the next time).

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Izzys Dragon For This Useful Post:

Ellewood  (20-08-2014)