+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts

Default Things to do in Sydney

Headed to Sydney from Friday to Monday. Never been before so what are some fun things to do. Staying in the cbd for 2 nights so will be around the city for a few days.

Also any great hotel recommendations would be awesome coz I am having trouble deciding where to stay.

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Adults please

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Definitely the Shangrila or 4 seasons
    they are both near circular Quay and you can walk everywhere
    My fav things to do in the city: ( which all seem to revolve around food!)

Get a ferry from circular Quay to Manly - grab a pizza from Hugo's on the wharf ( Pete Evans restaurant) you see all the Harbour and sites and it's cheaper than a harbour cruise!

Go to The Establishment hotel for cocktails ( and dinner upstairs at Est but it's $$$)

Yum cha on the weekend at Mr Wongs

Shopping at Westfield Centrepoint and Pitt st mall shops

Drinks at sunset at the Opera Bar ( at the bottom of the Opera House)

Walk down to The Rocks markets ( Saturdays and Sunday) there are plenty of cute pubs and places to eat there

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was looking at those hotels. Its hard to decide and i really need to decide asap.

Thanks. I get there lunch time friday so will have lots of time to do stuff and dont fly out til 8pm monday night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I hope the weather gets better for you - you will have a great time !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely do Opera Bar! We went for Lunch but are planning to go for dinner and drinks without the kids one night. Fabulous atmosphere, yummy food and an amazing view!

Taronga zoo is great and Darling Harbour I think has fireworks Saturday nights (?) it used to anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I hope the weather gets better for you - you will have a great time !
    I hope the weather improves too coz i am sick as well. Dont wanna go sick but already paid for flights and keen to see some people down there.

Plus i am really looking forward to my break. Been planned for quite a very long time now and not gonna back down from it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump. Anyone else? Any little places i should have a look at?

Whats the aquarium like? Maddam Tussards? Luna park?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Friday afternoon I'd definitely head to the Opera Bar area. As well as the Opera Bar itself there are quite a few places to get scrummy food and drinks and the location is stunning. If it is rainy you can sit undercover - but get there earlyish as it does fill up!

Saturday I was going to suggest a wander around Surry Hills (a short walk from the city) and then catching a bus to Bondi, but it might be worth investigating one of the red explorer buses - they take you past a lot of the major attractions (Opera House, Rocks, Darling Harbour, Bondi and (I think) across the Bridge to Luna Park) and you can hop on an off as much as you want in 24 hours.

I'd choose Luna park over the Aquarium or Madame Tussards, but that's just me. Luna Park is another spectacular location - but aside from the rides it doesn't have much else. I *think* unless you want to go on the rides it is free to wander around. It is also a good jumping off point for wandering around under the Bridge and looking back across to the Opera House and city.

Something else that is fun to do is a ferry ride to Manly or Watson's Bay. Both gorgeous places and you can have fish and chips on the beach or a pub meal or something fancier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Drinks/dinner at night in the orbit bar in Australia Square -- it spins around, so while you're sipping your cocktail you get a 360 view of the Sydney skyline at night, it's awesome