+ Reply to Thread
    tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Post Do You Know Someone Who Got A Tattoo Whilst Pregnant?

I would never personally risk it. I've heard people say that if you're in your first trimester and no one can tell that you're pregnant that it doesn't matter as long as the artists instruments are sterile.
    I'm not exactly sure of the risks involved (answers on Google seem to vary) but it just seems like something that wouldn't be that hard to give up for your unborn baby...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't know anyone who has done that, no.

I had a quick google and apparently a lot of tattoo artists refuse to do it as it can stress the mother, which can in turn effect the baby.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

tazz475  (20-08-2014)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I know someone who has, I've missed out on getting tattooed heaps of times because I'm pregnant dp always get my appointments. To me it's just one of those things that you can do after your pregnant I mean it's only 40 weeks.

I nearly got tattooed pregnant (I was sure I wasn't because i had done a test that came back negative then I decided to do my last one 2 days later) turns out I had ovulated a lot later then I thought.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (20-08-2014),tazz475  (20-08-2014)

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Degrassi View Post

I had a quick google and apparently a lot of tattoo artists refuse to do it as it can stress the mother, which can in turn effect the baby.
    I had a feeling this would be more of a risk than infection these days as infection is managed pretty well these days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Degrassi View Post

This.
    The ink is also less likely to hold.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    If be afraid of stress and infection. I don't know anyone who has done it but I'm sure there's someone who has.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've done it. I was late but had taken multiple FRER tests that came back negative (I was over 2 weeks late before my BFP). I was getting tattoo'd about once a fortnight & also working at the studio. It's a world renowned shop with better than industry standard safety measures & being so accustomed to the process it wasn't a shock to my system. That being said - I would NEVER advise someone to get a tattoo while pregnant. In fact all decent shops will make you sign a disclosure saying you are not pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is to do with blood flow and weight gain to I think regarding why most tattooists won't do it and also because you may not be thinking clearly when pregnant in regards to your tattoo.

I am waiting until baby is born to get my second one. Waiting hasn't been a big deal for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    It is to do with blood flow and weight gain to I think regarding why most tattooists won't do it and also because you may not be thinking clearly when pregnant in regards to your tattoo.

I am waiting until baby is born to get my second one. Waiting hasn't been a big deal for me.
    It's actually because
    1. There are no tests conducted on the safety of the ink on the foetus so no guarantees of it being 100% safe during pregnancy.
    2. It is a trauma to the system so can in the trimester be a risk of miscarriage & in the last trimester cause premature labor.
    3. As your immune system is lowered during pregnancy your wound (which is what a tattoo basically is) is more susceptible to infection.
    4. Your body is working hard making the baby so has less energy for healing other wounds therefore it can take longer to heal.

As I mentioned, I've done it but I would NOT advise someone to do it. Also the above applies for breast feeding mums too & most studios will not tattoo a fully BF mum.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Legeyt For This Useful Post:

tazz475  (20-08-2014)