+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default GD blood sugar levels

Hey there! Just wondered what levels you've been told to aim for (fasting and 2hrs post meals) and did these change during your preg and if so why? Thx

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine just always had to be under 7 in pregnancy and then after delivery they didn't care just tested me once or twice in hosp and my levels needed to be under 10 I think

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eilonwy For This Useful Post:

Goosey01  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Fasting had to be under 5.0 and 2hrs post meal had to be less than 6.7. It was never changed. The parameters are different depending on the hospital you are going through but I was told ours were quite strict compared to other hospitals

ETA: This was from 28 weeks when first diagnosed to birth. I assume my parameters weren't changed because our levels were already quite strict. Not so much the fasting but the 2hr post meal.
    Last edited by Purple Lily; 20-08-2014 at 12:10.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Purple Lily For This Useful Post:

Goosey01  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi @Goosey01, I was thinking about you this morning wondering how you're going. Hopefully over the flu now...

My fasting level is 5 or under and originally under 8 one hour after meals but from around 28 weeks my doctor said she'd prefer them to be under 7 one hour after meals. I haven't done two hour testing for ages as I couldn't wait that long for a snack.

The reason for my doctor requesting the change is that later in pregnancy there's another surge in hormones that continues until birth and they push BGLs up quite rapidly/steadily. She said if I could aim for 7 that would put me in a better position control-wise for those last few weeks when levels can go through the roof.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Goosey01  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got my diagnosis around 28 weeks and fasting had to be under 5, 2 hour post meal under 7.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Goosey01  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was also under 5 for fasting and under 7 2 hours after meals, they never changed.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to EmilsMum For This Useful Post:

Goosey01  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. Mine has said 5.5 fasting and 7 for 2 hrs post meals. But the dr wants me to go for an early scan at 32weeks to check growth. I'm just a bit over it already! My numbers have been perfect.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also had more scans. I had one roughly every 4 weeks to check their growth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosey01 View Post
    Thanks guys. Mine has said 5.5 fasting and 7 for 2 hrs post meals. But the dr wants me to go for an early scan at 32weeks to check growth. I'm just a bit over it already! My numbers have been perfect.

Hugs, I was pretty well over GD too! My numbers were perfect as well, in fact sometimes they were too low. I had growth scans and bub was always measuring big.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Lily View Post
    Hugs, I was pretty well over GD too! My numbers were perfect as well, in fact sometimes they were too low. I had growth scans and bub was always measuring big.
    Thanks PurpleLily :-) what size did your bub end up being? I know that the scan will show bub is on the larger size! This is my 4th and I grow biggish babies! I have no problem with monitoring my sugars or diet (I was doing the diet mostly anyhow) but extra scans and extra appts, all which take forever, agghh!