+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Pregnant with 2nd Set of Twins and lost my job

Hi all, It's been awhile since I posted here but I need some help.

I'm just newly pregnant with my second set of twins (1 IVF, 1 natural) and I've just been told that I am being transitioned out of my job because I can't work 3 full 8 hour days per week. What do I do? My hubby gets only$49k per year and our mortgage is too big for his wage alone.

I was going to have to stop working after my 2nd set of twins anyway but this is a huge shock!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations on you're second bunch of twins! How awesome!!

From what you've said, you should be able to claim FTB fortnightly for all 4 children on your hubby's wage.., which should help with your mortgage.

Otherwise, I'm not sure what your loan to income ratio is but you can either look at making your mortgage interest only repayments (although this is not recommended if you can avoid it) or look at selling and moving to a cheaper suburb...either renting or buying a less expensive property... It really depends on the remainder of your financial situation.

Other things you can do is if you have two cars, look at going to one, and putting money towards bills every week (like working out how much your yearly electricity costs are, divide by 52 and pay this amount per week)...
    The good thing about already having twins is that the second set don't need new clothing etc. if you find you need to buy additional baby items you can always go secondhand for them to get you through...etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is it even legal for them to do that to you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a chat with your union. 'Transitioning' you out of your job because you can't do full 8 hour days due to pregnancy May well be a case for discrimination. They might have to offer you other work. This probably would make things a little difficult at work but if you plan to leave anyway later on perhaps you could stick it out for the $