+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    Cooking rice. I always end up with about 4 times what I need and it's always gluggy and sticks to the pot.

Reverse parking. The only time I've done it successfully was when I got my license. Now I avoid it!
    This is why rice cookers are great. Non stick and cooked perfectly everytime. I also find washing the rice until the water runs clear before cooking helps combat the glugginess.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fiery For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (19-08-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (19-08-2014),summastarlet  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh and applying moisturiser etc daily. I have spent a small fortune on very nice creams that allegedly prevent ageing but they just sit there whilst I go "stuff it I can't be bothered tonight" lol.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

lisa6111  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I cannot make macarons or meringues properly. Can cook anything else from scratch but cannot make those two

I also have limited patience with stupid people. I have to walk away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am extremely positive for other people but myself I am pretty down on myself due to low self esteem.

I can read music.
    I can't dance for the life of me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    Singing. My singing could peel paint off a wall.
    This is me! But what I lack in tone I make up for in volume!

Quote Originally Posted by headoverfeet View Post
    I'm trying to be pretty gentle on myself these days as I already feel pretty crap about my ability to do normal things changing but I do bash myself up about my boys homework, I tend to only do it 2 out of the 5 days of the school week and I feel like they could be doing better if I was more consistent. It is a struggle to get them to do it normally and I already find myself with a low tolerance for inflicting nagging on them without nagging them about this as well. Not sure if that meets the fluffyness of the thread sorry!
    I'm a teacher and I'm shockingly pathetic at getting DD to do her set homework tasks!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Clicking. I can't click my fingers

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh so many things...
    Taking compliments
    Sewing
    Cooking
    Drawing, singing, music, basically anything creative, my horse drawing looks like an alien
    Swimming
    Play station wii (my 5 year old beats me!)
    Entertaining (pretty crappy host!)
    :-)

And my all time worst skill I never learnt as a child....I can't swallow tablets :-(

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiery View Post
    This is why rice cookers are great. Non stick and cooked perfectly everytime. I also find washing the rice until the water runs clear before cooking helps combat the glugginess.
    I have a thermomix now which cooks rice perfectly for me! No more gluggy rice for us!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to summastarlet For This Useful Post:

Fiery  (20-08-2014),headoverfeet  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I am shockingly absentminded when I cook. I have destroyed so many kitchen appliances because cooking is how I relax. I burnt my rice cooker by accidentally settinf it down on a hot plate (we have the glass sort, I didnt realise I put it on the one I'd been using)

I accidentally set fire to an esky the same way, I knocked the switch as I set it down and DH hadnt turned off the safety switch the night before. I have gotten better lately with the dangerous stuff but DH laughs as me all the time cos a day cooking in the kitchen ends in me covered in cuts and burns lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I can cook well enough, but cannot boil an egg to my liking! It's either too under or grey So frustrating.

Also rubbish at cleaning, doesn't help that my kids are against me! They are the messiest kids ever!