+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wanting a cub :(

I have ds8 and ds6 to my ex fiancé.
    Papa Fox and I have been together for nearly 4 years, and I'm amazingly clucky!
    I'm 27 and just found out I have PCOS. I don't have a fertility issue with it, however I am planning in being an egg donor.
    I have told Papa Fox that I would like to donate in 5 years maximum.
    He doesn't really want to say when he wants a baby, just when I ask if he wants one he says 'maybe ' as I usually ask over text.
    I know no one can fix it
    Just need to have a whine about my ovaries being all baby wanting!
    To make it worse, papa fox has 2 sisters, one with 2 girls and his other sister has a little boy (2yr, and two born this year) so every time there's a family get together, my womb feels like its turned into a lava lamp!
    Crossing everything that papa fox comes around to the paternal side soon! (Except my legs of course)

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    its hard

Thanks
    Reviews
    : hugs :
    Glad to know I'm not the only one

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    you need to sit down and actually have a chat with him. Not over text, or joking around ... but a serious 'lets work out where we are' kind of conversation.

Does he actually want more children?

or in 5 years time is he going to say 'actually, I dont want to'.

Setting a time frame will also make it much easier for you to deal with the cluckiness. It doesnt make it go away .. but it does make it easier for you to know.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BH-KatiesMum For This Useful Post:

monkey&&me  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We did have a little chat yesterday.
    He's a bit of a commitaphobe to be honest, so he finds it hard to talk about the future, because he feels like he's signing some kind of promise contract.
    It's like pulling teeth from a chicken.
    It'll probably be like us moving in together, started as 'no, I don't see it happening in the future, blah blah blah' to 'look, we could move into here, there's a bedroom for the boys'

So god knows.

I got the feeling toward the end of the convo (which was just me telling him my ideas and him kind of agreeing) that he is happy to think about having a baby, but doesn't know when yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    How old is your DP? Not being ready for kids is quite normal/ok in people under 30. Do you live together now? Do you think your DP is your lifelong partner? Any reason why you need to rush or is it just the cluck factor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Maybe he's just not ready yet? If he's your forever guy and you're both still young the I know it's hard but maybe you'll just have to wait for him to be ready?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DP is 36 this year. We've been living together for a quite a while now. Very happily I may add. We have 2 poodles, 2yrs and 1 yr old. We are very happy together with no idea of looking else where. I'm pretty sure I've found my forever man <3
    He's not ready yet, I'm certain. I hope he's ready in the next 3 years though!
    I've had a whole heap of issues with my woman bits, and I'd like to retire them before I hit 35. I'm also really wanting to donate eggs, so I want to do that before 35 also.
    I feel so selfish pushing the subject with him, but it's a huge part of my life, motherhood. I'd really like go on the journey with him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I would work on talking to him about having kids because you want to have kids with him. If you are in pain/will suffer damage because of the issues with your lady parts I would talk about that too. I wouldn't push the wanting to donate eggs part though... sorry but I don't think it's fair to rush someone into having kids because you want to donate eggs to a third party (don't mean to be rude that's just how I feel and I'm worried your DP would get his back up if you pushed this part).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't push about donating, i just made sure he is ok with it. He doesn't understand why I want to, but he's more than happy for me to do it.