+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I gave myself a nice cut on the base of my thumb washing a glass that was broken, got a couple of stitches and even now (5-6 years on) if I bump near the scare it really hurts.
    Another time I was cleaning a public BBQ after use and when I wiped towards me I managed to splash the still very hot oil all over my face and neck, was not a good look for a couple of weeks while it healed and it hurt a lot.
    A couple that didn't involve pain, once I put DD's bottles on to boil to sterilise them and discovered after ten minutes that I had forgotten the water, ended up with a disk of melted plastic covering the bottom of the pot. And DH's favourite, one time I steamed dim sims in a strainer over a pot of boiling water, the problem was the strainer was plastic

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had any major injuries thankfully, but I have confused corn flour and icing sugar more than once! They are labelled but stored in similar glass jars. My iced biscuits turned out interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Ah haha that last one reminded of me getting up to make a bottle of formula late at night, go to shake the bottle to mix it and *splat* chunky formula water everywhere, hadn't screwed the lid shut :S

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    Not at home, but I used to work in the deli section at woollies as a teenager and I sliced down to the bone on my thumb while using the deli meat slicer. Blood everywhere..not the nicest start at 6am on a Sunday.
    My sister did that once too - ouch! She didn't sell it to the customer though

The night before our last holiday, I sliced open my index finger washing out a tin can. Needed stitches. The night before the previous holiday, I was drying the quad blade for my food processor. I almost dropped it on my bare feet, grabbed at it to save my foot and sliced open my thumb in the process. More stitches yayyy.

Next holiday coming up next month. Watch this space!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinning View Post
    Making baby food. I started wiping the blade of the stick blender with my finger and pressed the on button without thinking. Blood everywhere! Called the neighbour and her husband ran straight over to my aid
    Omg! I literally gasped! That's like a horror story!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MIRANDA.jpg
    Here's some dodgy kitchen skills that didn't involve slicing fingers, the container was the only casualty

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    I can't actually read any of these because after the first couple I nearly threw up at the thought of chopped up fingers and sliced off thumbs.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to DesperatelySeekingSleep For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

Default Kitchen mishaps!

Quote Originally Posted by DesperatelySeekingSleep View Post
    I can't actually read any of these because after the first couple I nearly threw up at the thought of chopped up fingers and sliced off thumbs.
    I started reading and kept getting grossed out...I couldn't help but wonder why I posted to begin with!

ETA: Particularly since I was grossed out by what I did in the first place!
    Last edited by Apple iPhart6; 20-08-2014 at 18:51.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (20-08-2014)