+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I've flooded my kitchen twice!

When I first moved out of home I had no dishwasher so when I had to wash up I'd put my headphones in, run the water, get distracted, not be able to hear the running water and later walk past the flooded bench top!

Luckily it was an older home and not a lot of damage done.

But seriously, who does that twice!!!!!

We have a dishwasher in our new home and no more issues 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    I cut the palm of my hand almost through to the tendons when removing an avocado stone once. There was so much blood I even took a photo for posterity.
    I also had an avocado injury, I managed to stab myself through the hand once when trying to remove an advocado stone. Right through my hand. I damaged some of my nerves in my finger and it went all tingly, I had to go to the hospital and have microsurgery, that finger is still not quite right.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I seem to have problems with knives! Have cut the very tip off a few fingers. I always seem to be burning myself too. Managed to pour boiling hot water down my front ending up with serious burns on my stomach. Just yesterday I was making Caramel Popcorn for the kids and managed to flick hot toffee on my hand. It is currently red raw and covered in large blisters : (

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and when I was staying with my Grandparents on School Holidays I was cooking dinner. I set fire to the kitchen. Ironically my Grandfather was the Station Officer and they lived next to the Fire Station. It was put out quickly thanks to Grandad

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I cut a deep slice into the top of my index finger a few weeks ago on the opened lid of canned apples. Lucky none of the blood got into the apple crumble I was making, it bled everywhere

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i once grabbed what i thought was the container of sugar , put half a cup in the processor with butter... turned out to be salt... Thank goodness i noticed before i put rest of ingredients in..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Louise41 For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (20-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not mine, but once my DH needed to thicken up a casserole, so I yelled out from another room to add a tiny bit of flour to it, but he used corn flour and very heavily handed so , needless to say we got some great photos of all of us putting the casserole above how heads and not one drop of casserole falling out!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was trying to open a jar of salsa. Was using all my strength to twist the lid only to not realize i had the jar on its side as the lid all of a sudden popped off. Salsa everywhere..

Sent from my GT-N7105 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Mine, I had just sharpened my cook's knife to cut into some bacon bones and of course lot's of bacon fat is slippery, so I managed to slip and sliced a good chunk out of the top of my finger. A trip to the Doctor and a tetanus needle later and lot's of wrapping and all was good, though, what a pain of a spot to cut as it's very hard to keep a bandaid/bandage on the top area of your finger!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not me, but dh once cut the tip of his thumb off through the nail while slicing eggplant for a veg lasagne on the mandolin. Trip to the hospital later the plastic surgeon wasn't able to reattach. Needless to say be won't eat eggplant or use the mandolin anymore!

I also sliced through the pad below my thumb using the mandolin to julienne carrots while I was pregnant. I fainted from the sight of blood and dh found me on the kitchen floor. I now get in trouble if I suggest making coleslaw

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app