+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinning View Post
    Making baby food. I started wiping the blade of the stick blender with my finger and pressed the on button without thinking. Blood everywhere! Called the neighbour and her husband ran straight over to my aid
    Oh my gosh I've done this too. I'm starting to realise I'm actually very unco...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Oh dear god too many to share. DH always says I make amazing food but I pay for it in injuries lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Made a perfect flower shape on my hand with a super sharp cookie/vegie cutter. It was a very pretty accident!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    This was when I was a kid.... I've always loved morning and afternoon teas, I love getting the pretty teapots, cups etc out and setting the table. I decided to make afternoon tea for my family on this particular day and thought I'd try to make scones. I don't know what I did but they turned out rick hard. Everyone got the giggles so I grabbed the scones and stormed down the back to the chooks where I promptly slipped over in a big muddy puddle. I haven't made scones since. Hmph.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm sporting a hole in my knuckle courtesy of the grater, it's 3 weeks on and still a really deep wound.

I've knicked the tip of my thumb off twice with the mandolin, those things are really dangerous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Personally apart from a few grated fingers and knuckles I've escaped any major kitchen mishaps (or perhaps I've deliberately blocked them from my memory). Actually I lie. As a kid I was chasing my sister through the kitchen after she stole my wallet. Mum had just mopped... I slipped and smacked my knee on the corner of the cupboards. Split open down to my kneecap. Morbid fascination as a kid made me poke it and touch it (to mums horror).

My sister however, not so lucky. When we were teenagers she fell asleep while cooking 2 min noodles. Cue smoke alarm and a burnt saucepan when they boiled dry. The saucepan had the squiggly outline of noodles permanently burnt into the base for many many years.

My sister also knocked a knife off the bench and caught it... On the blade. Luckily it was relatively blunt so didn't slice too deep.

This from a girl (my sister) who dropped an entire open bottle of red creaming soda on brand new cream carpet, giving large parts of it a nice pink hue. Luckily for her the washing machine flooded a few months later so the carpet needed replacing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've sliced the very tip of my thumb off twice now while dicing chicken breast.... I only dice it semi frozen now so it's not so slippery

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I stabbed myself in the gut once with a knife... luckily I was wearing a belt and it hit the buckle or I could of been dead by now ><

Thanks
    Reviews
    Washing dishes and put my hand & dish cloth into a narrowish glass. Turned my hand to wash the bottom of it and the top half snapped off taking a huge gash under little finger with it.

Not blood loss related but I have had the valve on an old style pressure cooker block once ..... When it unblocked, cleaning a casserole off the ceiling wasn't fun.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't had any mishaps in our kitchen, but when I was a teenager my boss (at a fish and chip shop) dropped a spring roll into hot oil which splashed my face/eyes. I had to wear eye patches for a day or so, but luckily no major damage.