+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DF vacuums every day, throws on washing generally every day, takes out the rubbish, irons his own clothes and usually does the kitchen. We parent 50/50. The only thing he refuses to do is fold the washing for some reason lol. He is deadest against it. But he will hang it out and bring it in. I work 2 days a week and study online. He works anywhere between 5-7 days a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes he does help. Not every single day but he still helps. He works part time so he's home a lot anyway. He cooks about 3 or 4 nights a week too.
    Last edited by MummbearPapabearNCubs; 25-08-2014 at 10:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't see it as 'help', I see it as each doing our share.

We each have our main occupation. Mine is DD, his is his business. On top of that, we each do various household stuff.

I do:
    -shopping
    -most washing/hanging out/folding/putting away
    -most cooking

He does:
    -most dishes
    -most car-stuff
    -DD's bath/bed stuff in the evenings

Other than that, we each do whatever needs to be done when we notice it. More often, I'd notice and do something since I'm occupied less... but it's definitely shared.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (25-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Unfortunately I do 99.99% of the household chores and childcare. Dh works but it has been sporadic of late and he's used the days he hasn't worked to socialize. Which then has left me at home (in a suburb that is so new it has no public transport) with a 5 month old.

I will nag and nag him to do anything. He's never touched the bathroom, washing, vacuum cleaner, mop, dishwasher or kitchen in general. The only thing he will do without too much fuss is sterilising after I've washed it all. But this is generally after I've collapsed on the lounge at 10.30pm after being up since 4 am with our ds and have been washing and cleaning and feeding and settling our ds all day.

He won't do the bath routine, he rarely does any feeds and I think he has only ever been alone with our ds for about 3-4 hours since ds was born.

His job finishes at 4 pm, I'm lucky if I get to sit and relax in the evening after cooking dinner, cleaning the kitchen and ds's night which can take up to four hours.

Sorry that turned into my own little vent. Unfortunately this is a sore subject in our house.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    Unfortunately I do 99.99% of the household chores and childcare. Dh works but it has been sporadic of late and he's used the days he hasn't worked to socialize. Which then has left me at home (in a suburb that is so new it has no public transport) with a 5 month old.

I will nag and nag him to do anything. He's never touched the bathroom, washing, vacuum cleaner, mop, dishwasher or kitchen in general. The only thing he will do without too much fuss is sterilising after I've washed it all. But this is generally after I've collapsed on the lounge at 10.30pm after being up since 4 am with our ds and have been washing and cleaning and feeding and settling our ds all day.

He won't do the bath routine, he rarely does any feeds and I think he has only ever been alone with our ds for about 3-4 hours since ds was born.

His job finishes at 4 pm, I'm lucky if I get to sit and relax in the evening after cooking dinner, cleaning the kitchen and ds's night which can take up to four hours.

Sorry that turned into my own little vent. Unfortunately this is a sore subject in our house.

Big, big hugs!!! That's so not on. Excuse me for being blunt, but he's taking the ****!

I'd take your bub away on a holiday and tell him to clean up the entire house and clothes etc etc. You'd still be doing 100% of bub duties, but at least you would be relaxing on holiday and he would see how much work it is doing a full house full of housework.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

SuperGranny  (26-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    Big, big hugs!!! That's so not on. Excuse me for being blunt, but he's taking the ****!

I'd take your bub away on a holiday and tell him to clean up the entire house and clothes etc etc. You'd still be doing 100% of bub duties, but at least you would be relaxing on holiday and he would see how much work it is doing a full house full of housework.
    I've gone to see family with bub and the house was messy when I got home. The same happened when I went to sleep school for a week. No amount of nagging helps here

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am a Sahm with 2 young kids. Housework is pretty even here. I must say I prefer to do cleaning/washing it as I'm more efficient at that stuff as I've been doing it for so long.
    Dh does the weekly meal plan, grocery shops, mows the lawns, fixes broken stuff, runs the dog and is very hands on with the kids. I can't complain.
    We both cook and enjoy cooking. We are foodies.
    We both enjoy exercising. Our kids come along to the fun runs/marathons we do.
    I love that my 3.5yr old says "mummy runs too like daddy!". She is just starting to notice I don't just look after her and her brother and clean up all day hehehe

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Muffet For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (25-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm no longer a SAHM but when I was I basically did everything. In saying that, I have a cleaner which. Makes life a lot easier.

Funnily enough now that I'm full time and my DP is only working 3 days a week, he doesn't do much at all unless I specifically tell him. Even down to things like dishes. I just don't think he sees things and he doesn't seem to be able to do anything when DS is around.

When we are both at home, I do nearly everything for my DS but that's mainly my choice as I value the time we do have together. I do most of the cooking because I enjoy it and everything else is split pretty much evenly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    I love that my 3.5yr old says "mummy runs too like daddy!". She is just starting to notice I don't just look after her and her brother and clean up all day hehehe
    This is where I want to get to or back to. My 7 year old thinks only mums (and therefore women) do housework and basically that's what I do who i am. Mil is here and makes it worse as she does everything for everyone. I don't mind doing the lions share when I'm home but at the weekend we should all pitch in. Have decided to lower my expectations for how tidy we get and initiate 2 golden rules - everyone tidy up after themselves and Sunday night living room and kitchen are clean so I can start my week fresh. Wish me luck!!

SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi freyamum, I agree with the point of lowering your expectations. I had four children under 6years, and my husband was working away quite frequently. When he was away, I did everything, when he was home he did the yard work, and very little of anything else. Every relationship is different, and if yours is having tensions because the fun/ work ratio is not equal or how you want it to be, then you will have to make changes. There should be some sort of 50/50, or at least some Agreement that you both are happy with. We can each have a different agreement, but there needs to be harmony, not resentment. Marie.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (26-08-2014)