+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    615
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    163
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DF vacuums every day, throws on washing generally every day, takes out the rubbish, irons his own clothes and usually does the kitchen. We parent 50/50. The only thing he refuses to do is fold the washing for some reason lol. He is deadest against it. But he will hang it out and bring it in. I work 2 days a week and study online. He works anywhere between 5-7 days a week

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    460
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked
    49
    Reviews
    0
    Yes he does help. Not every single day but he still helps. He works part time so he's home a lot anyway. He cooks about 3 or 4 nights a week too.
    Last edited by MummbearPapabearNCubs; 25-08-2014 at 10:44.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,730
    Thanks
    1,522
    Thanked
    1,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't see it as 'help', I see it as each doing our share.

    We each have our main occupation. Mine is DD, his is his business. On top of that, we each do various household stuff.

    I do:
    -shopping
    -most washing/hanging out/folding/putting away
    -most cooking

    He does:
    -most dishes
    -most car-stuff
    -DD's bath/bed stuff in the evenings

    Other than that, we each do whatever needs to be done when we notice it. More often, I'd notice and do something since I'm occupied less... but it's definitely shared.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

    MsViking  (25-08-2014)

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,650
    Thanks
    792
    Thanked
    672
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Unfortunately I do 99.99% of the household chores and childcare. Dh works but it has been sporadic of late and he's used the days he hasn't worked to socialize. Which then has left me at home (in a suburb that is so new it has no public transport) with a 5 month old.

    I will nag and nag him to do anything. He's never touched the bathroom, washing, vacuum cleaner, mop, dishwasher or kitchen in general. The only thing he will do without too much fuss is sterilising after I've washed it all. But this is generally after I've collapsed on the lounge at 10.30pm after being up since 4 am with our ds and have been washing and cleaning and feeding and settling our ds all day.

    He won't do the bath routine, he rarely does any feeds and I think he has only ever been alone with our ds for about 3-4 hours since ds was born.

    His job finishes at 4 pm, I'm lucky if I get to sit and relax in the evening after cooking dinner, cleaning the kitchen and ds's night which can take up to four hours.

    Sorry that turned into my own little vent. Unfortunately this is a sore subject in our house.

    Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  6. #45
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,854
    Thanks
    5,066
    Thanked
    4,446
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by munchkin275 View Post
    Unfortunately I do 99.99% of the household chores and childcare. Dh works but it has been sporadic of late and he's used the days he hasn't worked to socialize. Which then has left me at home (in a suburb that is so new it has no public transport) with a 5 month old.

    I will nag and nag him to do anything. He's never touched the bathroom, washing, vacuum cleaner, mop, dishwasher or kitchen in general. The only thing he will do without too much fuss is sterilising after I've washed it all. But this is generally after I've collapsed on the lounge at 10.30pm after being up since 4 am with our ds and have been washing and cleaning and feeding and settling our ds all day.

    He won't do the bath routine, he rarely does any feeds and I think he has only ever been alone with our ds for about 3-4 hours since ds was born.

    His job finishes at 4 pm, I'm lucky if I get to sit and relax in the evening after cooking dinner, cleaning the kitchen and ds's night which can take up to four hours.

    Sorry that turned into my own little vent. Unfortunately this is a sore subject in our house.

    Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

    Big, big hugs!!! That's so not on. Excuse me for being blunt, but he's taking the ****!

    I'd take your bub away on a holiday and tell him to clean up the entire house and clothes etc etc. You'd still be doing 100% of bub duties, but at least you would be relaxing on holiday and he would see how much work it is doing a full house full of housework.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

    SuperGranny  (26-08-2014)

  8. #46
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,650
    Thanks
    792
    Thanked
    672
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    Big, big hugs!!! That's so not on. Excuse me for being blunt, but he's taking the ****!

    I'd take your bub away on a holiday and tell him to clean up the entire house and clothes etc etc. You'd still be doing 100% of bub duties, but at least you would be relaxing on holiday and he would see how much work it is doing a full house full of housework.
    I've gone to see family with bub and the house was messy when I got home. The same happened when I went to sleep school for a week. No amount of nagging helps here

    Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  9. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,186
    Thanks
    330
    Thanked
    223
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am a Sahm with 2 young kids. Housework is pretty even here. I must say I prefer to do cleaning/washing it as I'm more efficient at that stuff as I've been doing it for so long.
    Dh does the weekly meal plan, grocery shops, mows the lawns, fixes broken stuff, runs the dog and is very hands on with the kids. I can't complain.
    We both cook and enjoy cooking. We are foodies.
    We both enjoy exercising. Our kids come along to the fun runs/marathons we do.
    I love that my 3.5yr old says "mummy runs too like daddy!". She is just starting to notice I don't just look after her and her brother and clean up all day hehehe

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Muffet For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (25-08-2014)

  11. #48
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    386
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked
    124
    Reviews
    0
    I'm no longer a SAHM but when I was I basically did everything. In saying that, I have a cleaner which. Makes life a lot easier.

    Funnily enough now that I'm full time and my DP is only working 3 days a week, he doesn't do much at all unless I specifically tell him. Even down to things like dishes. I just don't think he sees things and he doesn't seem to be able to do anything when DS is around.

    When we are both at home, I do nearly everything for my DS but that's mainly my choice as I value the time we do have together. I do most of the cooking because I enjoy it and everything else is split pretty much evenly.

  12. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    976
    Thanks
    546
    Thanked
    343
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Muffet View Post
    I love that my 3.5yr old says "mummy runs too like daddy!". She is just starting to notice I don't just look after her and her brother and clean up all day hehehe
    This is where I want to get to or back to. My 7 year old thinks only mums (and therefore women) do housework and basically that's what I do who i am. Mil is here and makes it worse as she does everything for everyone. I don't mind doing the lions share when I'm home but at the weekend we should all pitch in. Have decided to lower my expectations for how tidy we get and initiate 2 golden rules - everyone tidy up after themselves and Sunday night living room and kitchen are clean so I can start my week fresh. Wish me luck!!

  13. #50
    SuperGranny's Avatar
    SuperGranny is online now Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    sunshine coast qld
    Posts
    6,158
    Thanks
    4,566
    Thanked
    2,746
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi freyamum, I agree with the point of lowering your expectations. I had four children under 6years, and my husband was working away quite frequently. When he was away, I did everything, when he was home he did the yard work, and very little of anything else. Every relationship is different, and if yours is having tensions because the fun/ work ratio is not equal or how you want it to be, then you will have to make changes. There should be some sort of 50/50, or at least some Agreement that you both are happy with. We can each have a different agreement, but there needs to be harmony, not resentment. Marie.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (26-08-2014)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Do you need every day 'help' with kids, chores etc?
    By Cicho in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 11-11-2013, 16:23
  2. *spinoff* How old are your children and what chores do they do?
    By My Beloved Ones in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 07-11-2013, 16:50
  3. What, if any, household chores do you now pay someone else to do?
    By jfblady72 in forum Working Hubbers - Employed
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2013, 10:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Xmas with a NEW Fridge-to-go Lunch Bag! Fridge-To-Go Australasia
Fridge-to-go 8 hour cooler bags are ideal under the Christmas tree! Now in modern lunch bag designs - fill them with toys and chocolate to make parents and kids happy! Stay super cool and eat healthy and fresh food all summer long!
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
Cots on Bubhub
Looking to buy a cot or bassinet? :: Cot safety checklist :: Local or online nursery shops
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!