+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Ajakjaiaspsksjdalqqqewqqqqqqqqqqaaqqqqqqaaqqqqqq11 111113"1111111_-----4; :xc;:._/2/a/...:/.[_aaE
    Is that really how you feel about it @FearlessLeader
    Lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DH works long hours so it's hard for him. But he does clean up this kitchen. .. empty the dishwasher. .. put on washing and he cleans this toilets. Empties the rubbish bin each day.
    But I do most of it. Though I'm working three days a week now so I told him he has to cook dinner one night and if he's working from home he gets all the washing done.

Honestly before I started working part time I completely resented him and his career. And I feel a lot better about stuff more that I'm working.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm just about to start being a SAHM and I guess I just always thought that the person at home - man or woman
    should take on more of the "at home" responsibilities.
    But that's dependent on a whole range of things - their fitness/wellness, how many children they're looking after at home and also whatever that family has decided works best for them.
    Currently with both working, things are pretty equal in our house. DP is probably cleaner than I am and I do all the cooking.
    But the kicker here is that I'm about to have #1 bub and I can't imagine that one baby is going to take up so much time that I couldn't possibly pick up more household tasks - bordering on all of them. Maybe I'm just about to be in for the biggest shock of my life

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post

But the kicker here is that I'm about to have #1 bub and I can't imagine that one baby is going to take up so much time that I couldn't possibly pick up more household tasks - bordering on all of them. Maybe I'm just about to be in for the biggest shock of my life
    I think you might be lol

5. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (24-08-2014),HappyBovinexx  (24-08-2014),munchkin275  (25-08-2014),peanutmonkey  (25-08-2014),Purple Lily  (24-08-2014),Renn  (24-08-2014),Stretched  (24-08-2014),SuperGranny  (26-08-2014),TheGooch  (24-08-2014)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    I think you might be lol
    That's what I was afraid of!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    In the very early days, you'll pretty much be attached to bub. They do generally sleep a lot un the day, but chances are you'll be sleeping yourself over doing house work.

But as bub starts waking less over night and you get a bit of energy back, your thoughts are more realistic.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (24-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Housework and cooking is all me, parenting is 50/50. I am a full time sahm so do all the housework while dp is at work. It doesn't bother me. The way I see it is dp works hard all day to bring in an income, and my job is the house. When I go back to work when they boys are both in school we will share the housework.

When he is home we share parenting responsibilities. Sometime he will get up in the morning if the boys wake early, sometimes I'll get up with them. If ds2 cries during the night and dp wakes before me, he'll get up and bring ds2 into our bed, he'll play with the boys while I tidy up after dinner etc.
    Last edited by twolittlemunchkins; 24-08-2014 at 11:44.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamtam View Post
    Is that really how you feel about it @FearlessLeader
    Lol

LOL, that was DD's contribution to the household chores (bubhubbing is an important household task)

11. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (24-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sitting here eating lunch while DF scrubs the oven. Love him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    DH is away for 2-3 months at a time, obviously I do everything then. Not so obvious is that I continue to do it all, work 20 hours a week, look after DS2 when he is home on leave. He does usually feed the dog if I repeatedly remind him to when he's home.

I cannot remember who said this on here so can't give credit - but essentially she was p!ssed that women tip toe around and make excuses for men not cleaning or shouldering parenting. We say men are men, they don't notice, we should speak to them in special ways etc... Rubbish! They're adults who more often than not hold down full time jobs and maintain relationships outside the home. Can you imagine a plumber leaving filth all over the floor, not cleaning up sewage that came out of a blocked toilet and the customer looking and saying 'oh well he's a man, he just doesn't notice' - yeah no.

I'm also pretty sure my DH's employer doesn't pay him a ridiculous amount of money to lead him around by the nose repeatedly reminding him of his duties and giving him options to choose from for the day.

Sorry turned in to a bit of a vent of my own. But this sort of behaviour from men is starting to really annoy me and I'm getting sick of hearing everyone (including the men) excuse them.
    Well said. While I think people do have different thresholds when it comes to cleanliness, people in relationships need to work in partnership. Yes, being at home with child/ren means being around more to do housework but if you've got the luxury of having someone at home a lot then you should be grateful, and pitch in wherever needed. Trying not to be sexist here but I work in a male dominated workplace and these men, they're all aged 40-60ish, their wives are at home full time , they come in with their healthy packed lunches and go out late for after work functions and they flit off at a moments notice on interstate trips while their women take care of everything back home, no questions asked. I just think, SOME men (not all) take this arrangement completely for granted and don't realise how good they have it.