+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm off to the MHCN today for a weigh in with bubs and I guess we will have to see how I go from there. I'm really pleased to hear that the motilium may still work for me. Will stop back in to update. Fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    So I really didn't find that trip to the MCHN very helpful. Yes, DS was weighed and measured. He has only gained 150grams in 10 days. But as for practical advice. What a fail. Waste of time and just frustrating. I waited half an hour past my appointment for nothing. Poor DS was so tired. I was basically scolded for my son sleeping too long. He has 5 feeds a day and if thought this was the right amount. Nobody else has said there was anything wrong there. He has 4 feeds through the day and 1 overnight. So many differing opinions. Mum is now pushing me to start him on solids and I'm just getting so confused. I just want to bury myself. I never in a thousand years I would have the term 'failure to thrive' thrown at me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Can you offer bub more feeds? I do think 5 feeds a day is not enough. I fe 1-3hrly during the day even if bub didn't ask. Babies will refuse to feed if they aren't hungry.

Btw solids are less calorie dense than bm.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    I was doing 3 hourly feeds and then at karitane (at 15 weeks) they had me change to 4 hourly. This is when everything started to go downhill. We are now doing 3.5 hourly sometime a little closer to 3. But it's hard to offer 3 hourly again due to his naps. He sometimes naps only 40 mins. Sometimes it's 2 hours and that means he went 4 hours between feeds. He just doesn't seem to ask for more feeds, just a bigger feed at feed time. I'm going to try and squeeze in another feed but not sure how that will go. I have another appointment at a different MCHN on Friday and this one I know is an LC. Hopefully there will be some light at the end of the tunnel there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just offer a boob after every nap, or whenever you want to sit down.

You can't overfeed a bf baby. I'm sorry your mchn was not helpful.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.