+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    My DS is 18 months & is going they this no meat phase... Tonight he are an entire sausage! Could not believe it... He only ate it cause I was dipping it in the sourcream that was on my plate from my wedges... At the moment it us #whateverworks in my house, I'm 32weeks pregnant so pick my battles, he eats veggies well & has baked beans or eggs for breaky most days so he's getting protein from those :-)
    There's nothing wrong with whateverworks parenting. I think of it as a bit like attachment parenting - I have a strong attachment to the concept of all being alive and fairly sane at the end of the day so I'll do whateverworks

Winning with beans and eggs. There's quite a bit of good quality protein in dairy too. Does your DS like yoghurt and cheese?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clbj View Post
    There's nothing wrong with whateverworks parenting. I think of it as a bit like attachment parenting - I have a strong attachment to the concept of all being alive and fairly sane at the end of the day so I'll do whateverworks

Winning with beans and eggs. There's quite a bit of good quality protein in dairy too. Does your DS like yoghurt and cheese?
    Loves yoghurt & cheese... He's a pretty good eater really, just the meat thing is a bit hit & miss so not overly worried!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Loves yoghurt & cheese... He's a pretty good eater really, just the meat thing is a bit hit & miss so not overly worried!
    Winning!

Yoghurt is our fall back food when all else fails. We are lucky in that there's a local brand of nice Greek yoghurt he likes and that's easy to get at shops/supermarkets.

Although I'm wondering if he only likes it because it's the same colour and similar texture to Sudocream, his most favourite food...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours is calling everything potato! Lol he loves 'potato' so at the moment most things get called potato so he'll try it! And I'll say it again... #whateverworks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    You should write a book about #whateverworks parenting. It should make you instantly rich and think of all the "potatoes" you could buy with your sqillions

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clbj View Post
    You should write a book about #whateverworks parenting. It should make you instantly rich and think of all the "potatoes" you could buy with your sqillions
    My DS would be one happy boy! lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Potato...ha! I do this with pasta, I call it cheese and they'll try it. So what if there is a lot of 'cheese' in their world....

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was thinking about this thread today as DS ate all of his serving and most of my serving of spaghetti bolognaise. Yes, made with beef (red meat) and tomato. It's currently his favourite food...

A reminder that for most challenges that crop up with babies and toddlers, the best approach is probably to ignore it and/or roll up into the foetal position on a comfy couch to chant "this too shall pass, this too shall pass"

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS seems to have turned a corner with his meat eating, but I've probably relaxed alot more about it, we eat with him every night now & have pretty much the same dinners, it seems to have improved his eating no end!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

clbj  (02-10-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Same here! I also started giving them more of our normal food and to be honest it has more flavour! I think I was too focused on being super healthy and was leaving things plain. As they got older they needed more taste. My two still don't eat a chunk of beef or chicken, but if it's minced or chopped into recipes they will eat all fish and meat. They loooove ham but I'm trying to limit this a bit.

I agree....this too shall pass is a great motto for parenting

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to NAT2561 For This Useful Post:

clbj  (02-10-2014)