Closed Thread
Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Molros that must have been an aweful time for you all, so glad that she's happy and healthy again and happy birthday to Evie for the other day I'm assuming she got spoilt rotten 😊 @Bongley did you get your biopsy results?? I'm hoping it stays the same or gets longer I'm sooooooo over being worried and scared all the time.

So my ob called me that afternoon and I am going in to see him tomoro morning for another scan he was very serious about the whole thing and said if tomoro it's shorter again he will stitch that afternoon, freaking out is an understatement. I think I'm still digesting it all as I wasn't expecting it at all.
    Also he has me booked in next week at the u/s place to re measure cervix I guess he'll be doing close monitoring from now on or until things improve.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Molros I am so sorry to hear about Evie. Please let us know what happened and how she is when you have a moment. Big hugs. @miissalina I hope your cervix stays as or lengthens but at least it is good that your doctor is onto it. @Bongley fingers crossed for an extra special Christmas present for you this year.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bellydance For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (19-11-2015),miissalina  (19-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks @Bellydance (how are you doing?) & @miissalina I did get my biopsy results back and it was positive for NK cells so I am on the hard stuff for this cycle, clexane, prednisolone and intralipids. Should start my cycle this weekend AF willing looking at a transfer mid december
    @Molros I hope Evie is recovering and better by now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay, I have time now she's sleeping. One day this big lump just appeared on her rib and it was painful to touch and looked awful....all veiny. We went to the hospital and they did x rays and a scan and told us she'd probably banged it and to come back Monday for a proper ultrasound (it was a Saturday night). went back and they did the scan and there was something on her rib and we were told it was either trauma or infection but likely trauma as no temperature. No bruise either which you'd expect with a trauma plus we hadn't seen her knock herself. Told it would probably disappear within the wk. Fast forward a wk and it still there and by this point its sticking up about 3/4 of an inch. I'd made an appt with the paeditrician but rang them up as by now we're worried as it looks like a growth. It was all very well everyone telling us not to worry but how could they say that when no one could tell us what it was. They got me in the next day and the paeditrician wasn't too sure either but we had bloods done that day. She rang that night saying the markers for infection were up and to get another blood test form the next day for further testing. Next day I'm giving Evie lunch and she starts vomiting. As she's vomiting the paeditrician rang saying she'd gone to the hospital and was looking at the ultrasound that was done 9 days before and to get straight back there as she had an infection; the fact she'd started vomiting meant it was symptomatic? Back we go and to cut a long story short she had osteomyelitis which is a bone infection and had to have surgery the next day to drain it and to culture so they could work out what antibiotics to put her on. She vomited all through the night and they got 3ml of pus out which is quite a lot for a baby. The morning of the surgery the orthopedic consultant told us they couldn't dismiss the fact she might have cancer. After being told for over a wk not to worry?? The general anesthetic was very distressing for me as i held her until she was under and she looked so tiny in that bed. The anesthetist rang us when she was under to get permission to put a central line in her as she'd be on iv antibiotics for at least 5 days and it would be less traumatic for her thsn having one in her hand/foot and having them replaced every two days. She was splinted from shoulder to wrist and unfortunately it was the hand that she sucks her thumb so she'd lost her comforter. They put her on broad spectrum antibiotics until they had the full culture that took four days. Turned out she had strep and they told us we were lucky it settled on her rib as it was the same strain that causes meningitis and had it travelled to her brain she'd have been brain damaged. So so lucky. Every night until she left she vomited. After three days she stopped eating and drinking as she made the link between that and vomiting so ended up on a drip for five days and would only sleep in the bed with me with her hand on my face. With all the vomiting some day's she'd only sleep two hours in a 24 hr period. On day six i just sat there at 3am balling my eyes out. My baby had been up since 830am, I'd had a phone call at 7pm saying my granny in England had died, from midnight til 2am Evie had thrown up so much it was dropping out of my shorts, we had no clothes left so dp had to bring us more, i had vomit in my hair and it didn't seem like she was getting any better. After 7 nights they took the line out of her, gave us liquid antibiotics and sent us home. Its been hard, trying to get her eating ans drinking again as well as sleeping but we got the all clear last week. We had to cancel Thailand until February as shes had no immune system for the last 7 wks so ttc no 2 is on hold til we get back. I can honestly say it has been the hardest and most distressing thing we've ever been through as a couple and as parents but our little girl is better and we have been so very lucky. Sorry this is so long..

Thanks
    Reviews
    @miissalina please let us know how you go today fx for you @Bongley I'm glad they're throwing everything at you for this cycle. Is this the last embie on ice?

Thanks everyone for caring xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Molros oh my god I can only imagine the horrible stress. I would have gone out of my mind you poor thing and poor Evie. My eyes all welled up when you said she could only sleep with her hand on your face. Poor little tacker.
    @miissalina how did you go today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Molros o my gosh I had tears in my eyes that must have broken ur heart, ur poor little girl went through so so much the poor thing must be so drained. Not to mention you and dp.
    Such a relief that it didn't spread to the brain that's definitely a blessing that it lodged itself somewhere else.
    Has she been slowly getting back to her little self? @Bongley that's so good that you've got some answers, not that you wanted to have these damned nk cells but at least you have an answer and treatment. Pred is what worked for me a was so skeptical for so so long I just didn't want to accept it and was told so many conflicting stories but after what 5 years of ttc and then randomly cancelled cycle that I was in pred we fell pregnant like wtf how does that happen admittedly we did loose that baby at seven weeks but I'm sure it was from chromosome issues because I was stimmed then stopped, told I'd ovulate on my own which I didn't had a crying fit got ultrasound and follicle was basically a massive cyst so we triggered so that was abit over three weeks this little egg was growing, way over mature.
    This transfer also on pred and baby is perfect, I love pred haha I have such a good feeling about ur next transfer 😊
    AFM seen ob this morning after two days of laying in bed googling for hours and hours and being so upset and my cervix was 5.99mm wtf!!!! He measured again after 15mins and did internal and yep it's closed, he said I have what's called an unstable/dynamic cervix and no one knows too much about them just that they go long and then short ect and we caught mine at the first scan during a contraction and shortening/funnelling. So he said do we do a stitch or not, the risks outweigh benefit at this point in time and he said its hard to know what to do but I'm to stay of prog and we will check it again next Tuesday at the scan place, any pressure or contractions I'm to lay down, no heavy lifting no stress ect he gave me a horror story then a good story so I'm still abit anxious but that's just my body and I'm trying to trust it'll do the right thing, he did say that the issue is we don't actually know how short my cervix gets and if it gets shorter than 2.8mm. I hope because it was a contraction ect that that's the shortest it get and it behaves itself

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Molros after everything you went through I'm so glad she is on the mend @Missilina I'm thinking of you - good to see they are watching you closely...

I'm booked for c-section 11 Jan - I'm getting a little obsessed about movement which isn't good - I need to relax!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11 that's so soon 😊😊 you must be excited to meet Bub, lol it's so true this worry never ever stops it's ridiculous sometimes can't wait until our bubs are here safe and sound and we can relax!!!! A little

11. The Following User Says Thank You to miissalina For This Useful Post:

Rarah11  (20-11-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Molros I got a lump in my throat reading your post. How heartbreaking for you that must have been. So glad she is on the mend now.