Closed Thread
Page 93 of 96 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Missilina I've been holding off although since we got the scan results last week I've started thinking about it especially as two friends of mine have me a load of clothes and a bassinet (which now just sit in the front room...) kind of makes you think about these things!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11 Haha yes I guess it may cross your mind
    I've been the same, I'm holding off until 20week scan and then will probly hold off again until third trimester. My eye brow lady is two weeks ahead of me and she's brought pretty much all she needs already, I sometimes think God id love to have that innocence about it all but I guess it's the path we had to walk so I'm grateful I'm here at all.
    We still haven't told dp parents yet and my anxiety about telling them is through the roof. There just so opinionated about everything and don't let up on things I'm worried there going to say something insensitive or something they shouldn't and that'll just **** me off.
    Maybe I should write some one liners to throw back if they do say something that doesn't sit well with me.
    Admittedly they know nothing about what we've been through so I'm ready for the whole ur 18weeks and only telling us now speech.

Have you announced to everyone?
    I don't think I'll do the whole face book thing just tell ppl as I see them and the rest will figure it out

Thanks
    Reviews
    We told family at 14 weeks and then friends as we saw them but didn't do any big announcement... Most people we told after the anomaly scan...

Bought pram, cot, change table and accessories at the weekend all on lay by to picked up while I'm in hospital... Apart from cot which we had to collect as it was a sale item. Now to decide whether we paint the nursery or not...
    @Missilina when do you think you will tell DP's parents?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11 I think you should paint the nursery 😊 unless dp wants to do it when your in hospital lol
    So dp came to me last night and said he has a compromise he will find out the sex IF if its a boy he can chose the name, and I think I know what he wants to choose which I don't really like bloody try to black mail me haha
    We tell his parents tonight actually and every time I think about it I have a mini panic attack like I get sweaty can't breath erghh wish my in laws were just nice and supportive there so opinionated and over the top I hate it.
    I feel like this because it makes me vulnerable them knowing I've been through so much and everyone has been amazing I don't need negativity or over bearing ppl telling me what I should and shouldn't do think say or feel anywho wish me luck hopefully it's worse in my head than the actual event

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Missilina good luck telling the family - I hope they suprise you and it goes well! DH had said he will paint the nursery and my in-laws will help so I might get them to do it during the Christmas break!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @miissalina how did you go with your in laws?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rarah11 sounds like a plan and everyone helping out makes things easier on you @Bellydance hello!!! How have you been?
    Well telling his parents didn't happen on the sat night because they invited family friends to the get together dp was annoyed that I didn't want to announce in front of ppl that I'd never met but I said my bit like give me a break do you think I want to explain this stuff to ppl I don't even know. We asked them to come past the next morning before they headed back home for morning tea which they did. I made mil I card with the photo inside and gave it to her lol getting the card I started to have a panic attack felt like I couldn't breath and started to get the shakes but she opened it and cried and was more than nice about everything which suprised me, I guess because they are so un predictable sometimes with their comments I had so many scenarios going around in my head. We told them no Facebook posts until we give the OK which they said ok too, his dad didn't say much except that on babies due date he had a car show then ten mins into talking he said they needed to go because the dog was getting anxious, he's like that when the focus isn't on him but there were no snide remarks or little comments so I'm happy with that. Now I can stop thinking what if they say this or say that lol it's done now and everyone's happy, except fil who may miss out on his car show haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    @miissalina I'm so glad your MIL reacted well. I'm surprised that you have been able to keep it a secret this long to be honest, you must be showing now??

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bellydance it's getting harder to hide but it still could be mistaken for me having a large meal, his parents live 3hours away so we only see them once every few months, last time we seen them I was 11 weeks, his mother and sister said I am starting to show but I hid it well enough so it wasn't obvious. We will announce to everyone after our 19 week scan next week I'm still very anxious and my latest focus is on cervix being incompetent , not sure why I'm worrying about it no risk factors just me being paranoid , erghh wish it would stop, I've been managing it really well but it would be nice to relax and enjoy things abit more

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley when is your biopsy??