Closed Thread
Page 78 of 96 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's fantastic news @miissalina. Yes your prog levels can fluctuate mine did the same thing on my second blood test when I was pregnant and they told me the same thing.

My birthday is on the 24th so it will be a good day. FX for you but this time is it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @miissalina fabulous news, I'm so happy for you! Those are strong numbers, this one is going to stick for sure
    I am just waiting today for my day 5 update. EPU was a bit traumatic with 5 eggs collected (she had 40 follicles on her scans and got 17 for her previous recipients) . My donor was really upset and I was trying to hold it together. Then 5 fertilised and on day 3 two were compacting and 2 were at 8 cells. So, pleased with that result but what a rocky start! I think she is as happy as I am that the numbers didn't fall off.
    Hopefully some good news today and tomorrow. We are doing a freeze all so no transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Nezz79 I'm still so so nervous I'm hoping it settles down, I hope this is it. 😊 @Bongley o my gosh what an ordeal, I wonder how come she had so many follicles and only 5 eggs, at least those 5 eggs were of quality by the looks of it because that is amazing for a day 3 report. I remember one cycle I collected 19 and only 2 fertilised I was beside myself but they were good quality so it's true what they quality over quantity.
    From what I can recall they called me always between 830-930 for an embryo update so hopefully not too long because you get the call. Eeeek I'm so excited for you. I will check my diary and see how long pgd results took, I remember they were back and my psyc asked if I wanted the results I nearly passed out from shock because she had the results and I hadn't even gotten the call. Apparently it's not the actual testing that takes the longest it's the paperwork so the results can be ready but the paperwork side of things takes a while and until that's done you don't get a call. Looking like amazing news so far , make sure you let us know the results for testing today 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    @miissalina I hope they call early!! I had to call them at 11am on day3 as I got impatient.

Well, they gave my donor a lower dose as she had to trigger on day 6 previously, which my doc considers is too early. The lower dose really slowed things down and she ended up triggering on day 13 I think this time. All the scans looked amazing but what I didn't do was get the E2 blood results. I have never bothered in the past as I've always had 8 to 10 eggs at pickup, so wasn't really in the habit of tracking it.
    So for her previous recips her estrogen was 15,000 which is worryingly high. This time around it was something like 4,500 which totally corresponds with the amount of eggs they got. I wish someone had given us a heads up that the estrogen was much lower this time around. I will mention it to the nurses.
    My poor donor was really upset it made me realise how heart wrenching it is for them too when things don't go to plan. She's really sticking her neck out for me emotionally as well as physically.

Anyway, fingers crossed for today. One blastocyst would be good. Two would set my heart at ease.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley that sounds about right my fs says roughly 1000 estrogen is one mature follicle, but yes a heads up would have been nice.
    I'm thinking you'll get 3 if not 4, I only had no more than 8 cell on day three you have compacting so that's just amazing. These phone calls literally send you crazy all this anxiety can't be good.
    She's done such an amazing job but I completely get that it would be tolling emotionally on them as well, there doing all they can to get the best outcome. The ivf process is just so unpredictable just when u think you know how something will go it does a 180.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miissalina View Post
    The ivf process is just so unpredictable just when u think you know how something will go it does a 180.
    Ain't that the truth!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Speaking of which:-

HOLY CRAP WE GOT 4!!!!!!!!

3 are good enough to be tested and have been frozen today, 1 they will leave until tomorrow but will definitely be frozen if it can't be tested.

Oh my goodness. Thats much better than hoped for. Now to wait for PGD results and transfer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley that's such fantastic news, I'm over the moon happy for you 😊😊😊😊
    Genea are so good with embryos we had our best cycle with them I can't speak highly enough of the care they provide.
    You truly deserved this amazing result!!! Can I ask how old ur ed is? I'm now predicting most with test normal lol positive vibes ur way xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to miissalina For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (13-08-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by miissalina View Post
    @Bongley that's such fantastic news, I'm over the moon happy for you ���������������� �������
    Genea are so good with embryos we had our best cycle with them I can't speak highly enough of the care they provide.
    You truly deserved this amazing result!!! Can I ask how old ur ed is? I'm now predicting most with test normal lol positive vibes ur way xx
    @miissalina Ha, predict away. You were right the about the blastocyst number My ED is 25. So lets hope they come back normal. Or at least one or two anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley I'm 27 and have PCO so egg quality is declined but I still got 3out of 4 normal so I'm thinking you'll get either 3 or 4 normal. I think at 25 with no fertility issues 75% off embryos are normal , exciting times ahead. Now the dreaded wait for yet another phone call